all you could hide from.
[html]

It was difficult, to say the least, for Kaena to unearth these feelings. Still, she felt she needed to let them escape somehow, or otherwise they were liable to swallow her up whole. She had told Gabriel, but Gabriel was good for inflicting vengeance. Gabriel and Samael would fight for mother's vengeance, but she did not think either of them would stand for hearing the details of her attack. They would not want to, and Kaena would not force them to. Vieira was hers, however. She owned this canine, and whether or not the pale coyote wanted to hear the sordid details of Kaena's attack or not she had to stand there.

The hybrid did not count on one thing; the other canine was not required to give her sympathy. Kaena would have done anything to hear a kind voice, to have a strong woman tell her that it was alright and not her fault. Kaena sought strength in the wrong place; Vieira would seem to have none to spare. "It screwed with my head," the hybrid continued, still uncertain if Vieira even knew what the hell she was talking about—sublety was not a language Kaena was well-versed in, and the hybrid woman was far more used to simply diving straight at the subject. Bluntness was the hybrid's preferred method of communication. "My half-brother, too. When I was a kid," she said, this muttered even more quietly than the rest. It was one of the coyote woman's deeper secrets, kept hidden from the rest of the world for a long time.

"I didn't want it to ever happen again after Kairo, but Haku happened to me instead," she said, shivering visibly with the mention of those two terrible names in the same sentence. It was cathartic nonetheless, and as a wave of misery and pain wracked the coyote, she felt a sort of strange relief replace those feelings. It was impossible to understand, stranger to experience. She smiled weakly at the other coyote, and tilted her head to the side slightly. "You understand?" she asked. Vieira had gone through something, though their experiences were hardly comparable. Viei had suffered long-term abuse; Kaena had been raped twice. It was difficult to say one was worse than another, for personal tragedy was always largest in the sufferer's eyes.

Table by Mel

<style>
.kae-giftmel b {color:#252E00;}
.kae-giftmel p {text-indent:25px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread