i had somethin' to say
[html]
style="border-left:1px #808080 solid; border-top:0px #808080 solid; border-right:1px #808080 solid; border-bottom:1px #808080 solid;"

bgcolor="#170226">

we launch ourselves into the bright::in character

Nocht grinned at the child's obvious excitement and turned to point behind her, at the vast expanse of water spread right to the horizon. "See that?" She asked. "On the other side of that is an island. I know it's an island because I saw it on a map once. 'S where we sailed from. We weren't all from there, of course. Some of the others called it Eireanntalamh. The map said Éire." She shrugged. "We called it home. I think some of the others were traders. Maybe Luka or Aleks." She said the names reflectively, remembering the hulking Russian wolves, brothers or best friends and almost inseparable. Their sheer size had made them seem intolerably intimidating, but deep down they were actually softer than some of her other snakier, more weather-beaten ship mates.

She shrugged and tossed the memory aside, turned back. "I just went for the trip really." She confided. "I felt like it was finally time for me to strike out on me own adventure. And what an adventure it's been so far." She said wryly, eyebrow quirked as she stared down to the beach once more. "Would you like to be a sailor?" She asked absently, without turning.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread