goons for hire.
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">yeeee! you're playing them exactly as I imagined! <3 also, feel free to powerplay as much of the travel in your next post as possible--Anselm probably wouldn't want to talk to them much if they were doing work already, and once they reach the garage they can chill inside and talk.
@&#&$Perhaps all of the physical exertion had finally caught up with him. His mind was usually a tangle of thoughts and tangents, but for the moment it had grown comfortably blank. The light shimmered so nicely off the untouched snow in front of him that he found his gaze drawn to it. If he looked hard enough he could just see all of the sun's colours reflected in the crystalline powder; it was truly mesmerising. When a strong voice broke his concentration, the snow immediately became white again, the gears started turning, and one ear fell back. Looking up, he found himself in the company of two peculiar looking canines. Maybe a year ago he would have been surprised by their appearance--one was dark as night with distinct tan accents and the other a mottled, striped pattern he had no name for--but after living the past month or so in the company of an African wild dog, little could phase him in the looks department.
@&#&$Without missing a beat he simply nodded, offering a grateful wag of his tail. "Yeah, man; I can make it worth your while," he said, having a firm understanding of how such things worked. He appreciated the dog's forwardness and the least he could do was reciprocate. Anselm always liked that in others--he didn't like having to beat around the bush any more than he liked pulling teeth. Everyone got what they needed much faster when they simply manned up and said exactly what the hell they wanted. He supposed he could smoke them up once they reached the garage, assuming they were interested. Failing that, he still had some alcohol lying around, and he could always offer his services so far as pointing out the best hunting spots. There was no concern that they wouldn't be able to figure something out.

@&#&$"I'm trying to get this to my garage. It's maybe another couple of kilometres that way," he said, indicating the direction with a flip of his nose. "I can lead the way and clear a path for you--not sure there's enough room for us all to pull without stepping on toes," he explained, amused that the popular expression could be taken so literally. Maybe he should have come prepared with more rope, but he'd honestly thought the endeavour would be one he undertook alone. It seemed a little strange that anybody else was interested in hauling a several hundred ton safe through the desolate streets of an abandoned city, but who was he to question? Although he was built for this weather, the prospect of getting inside to warm up and have a quick smoke was a welcome one, and the two men meant this goal could be realised all the sooner. Still, he couldn't help but be curious about his unlikely company.
@&#&$After wriggling himself out of the makeshift harness, he took a moment to shake out his coat, which did at least something to remove the creases pushed into his fur by the ropes. With that, he offered a curt dip of his head. "The name's Anselm," he offered, figuring names were a good place to start.

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +529
[/html]

Messages In This Thread