all that noise, and all that sound (kaena)
[html]
WC 408

It had not really dawned on Mason that Kaena would already be aware of his plans to move in. He had thought that he had been truly sneaky; it was not exactly that he was being deceptive, but he really wanted to surprise Kaena. Mason, although he was still young, was proud to show Kaena especially that he was doing some growing up. He thought that establishing his own place in the world was a great display of his growing independence. But he also wanted Kaena to know that he would be nearby if she should ever have a need for him.

Kaena's answering smile was all the push that Mason needed to make him suddenly ten times more animated. The Tirones Minor was now almost vibrating with energy. He returned the silvery woman's show of affection in the same manner, but with much more enthusiasm. He pushed into her with his muzzle with perhaps more force than necessary, but it was not an issue of trying to be powerful. The gesture just spoke volumes about how much he cared about Kaena and how excited he was about what would happen next.

The Tirones Minor could tell that Kaena was on edge, although he had not divined the reason why. It was in the way she tried to carefully contain her expression. He knew her well enough at this point to see that, but he did not think very much of it. Mason could be observant, but he was not mature enough to look for all the pieces of the puzzle. Mason trusted that Kaena would be able to work through her problems. It was simple to him; if she wanted to talk about it, she would. And if there was a way that he could help her, he would find a way. But for now he would try to distract her with the here and now.

"I want to show you...my new place!" he said with excitement, nudging her in the side as he practically pranced his way out of the mouth of Kaena's cave. Without much reverence he came into his own cave and immediately went to the left. "Kaena, Kaena, this is for you!" he exclaimed proudly. There was a bundle of colorful cloth and bits of twine and other soft things. "This is for if you need to stay here...if there is a flood, or an explosion...or if you miss me."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread