I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
WC: 315

[html]

Hybrid stared at the girl blankly with poorly-masked hostility. He was beginning to wonder if there was something wrong with her: all these strange questions and suppositions, and now she had nothing to show for it. What do you mean? as if she hadn't been listening. Hybrid had listened to her, and very politely if he might add; why couldn't she do the same for him? Though, he supposed it wasn't so much her not listening as her not understanding. And he supposed it worked in both ways: he could not understand what she was trying to tell him, and she could not grasp the concepts he presented to her. Hybrid didn't want to say it, but maybe they were just both stupid. How foolish.

Hybrid frowned, wondering what he should do first: address her question, or comment on her statement? He supposed since she asked the question first, he would reply to it first. But all this damned talking was making his head hurt. He did not normally converse this much. In fact, he went two months in the summer without speaking to anyone at all. That had been a nice time.

“The foreigner lied. He trespassed and then pretended he'd wanted to join all along. He took the coward's way out. He should have just left when I told him to, not argued with me and continued the lie,” Hybrid replied in reference to the girl's question. He frowned, then decided to comment on her second statement. “And regarding trespassing: okay, fine, maybe some coyotes do trespass -- for whatever reason. But if you're spying, you shouldn't go around getting caught. And if you're curious, then... I don't know. Why would you be?” He paused as his frown deepened. “Why would you need to be? No one needs to leave Inferni. Not really. ” He never had left Inferni, and he'd turned out fine. Nothing like this weird girl.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread