I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
WC: 317

[html]

“A stupid one,” he replied quickly, then added: “how should I know?” He punctuated the last four words with a frown and a twitch of his mouth. He wanted to force the corners of his lips down even more to express his distaste, but he already seemed to be frowning and could not frown any more. “He trespassed. And then he had the gall to act surprised when I told him to leave!” Hybrid's dislike for Silas ran stronger than perhaps his dislike for Halo. Unlike his displeasure with the other Hydra, the dislike he held for Silas was personal and stemmed from their meeting. In contrast, his dislike of Halo was mostly out of principal and resentment that he now had to share his title as Hydra with another. He had carried the rank of Gladius, and later Hydra, for nearly two years, and now he was being forced to recognize another whose strength he knew nothing of. He didn't like it, but he would persevere.

Hybrid glanced toward the girl before him, as if noticing for the first time that he was conversing with exactly that: a girl. He supposed he could at least converse with her, but he did not expect her to have inherited her mother's strength. If anything, her sad, doe-eyed expression inspired the beginning rustling of dislike deep within his stomach. Hybrid wondered if the girl had anything useful to say.

“Wolves never learn though,” Hybrid added at last. “Can't respect something as simple as a border.” Instead of finishing these words with a frown, Hybrid simply remained silent and pensive, knowing he could not express his dislike of wolves without extreme actions. He could easily go on a tirade against their species, but he did not know how to express his thoughts eloquently enough to bother. Certainly, being a coyote, she had heard the arguments before and understood them well.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread