give me strength, reserve, control
[html]

boo delay SSWM - 383

It would be a lie to say she had been expecting to remain alone. It would also be a lie to even suggest that her heart did not skip a beat, that her breath didn't catch in her throat when she heard someone approaching. She remained perfectly still, the chill wind blowing through her hair, sending her fringe over her eyes. But the voice, although carrying a heavy accent, was not his. It was not Gael and all of her seemed to collapse under that knowledge. Still, she turned to him, her blue eyes meeting his and for a brief moment, she lost all memory of where she was and how dangerous it could all turn out to be. He was handsome, his coat a colour she hadn't seen in these lands. He moved with a grace that she had not encountered before and his eyes, which still held hers, made her want to drown in them. Shaking her head slightly, she pulled out of the reverie. It's very beautiful, yes. I don't think I could ever get used to it. Could you?

The white female gave him an appraising look, trying to see beneath his looks. He was young, but seemed worldly, much more so than she herself was. His accent was foreign, but the girl couldn't place him. Gael had been foreign, hadn't he? She couldn't remember if she had ever asked him about his homelands. There was a faint scent of Inferni about him, which was to be expected. At least he didn't want to chase her off, a novel concept for someone who was so used to the coyotes. But the most important trait of all was that he was a hybrid. The wolf blood was obvious in him. Brooklyn felt safe around him, perhaps he did not carry the same wolf hatred the coyotes did. Still, the woman who had chased her off had been an obvious hybrid too. She steeled herself against it, against anything he could throw at her. She did not wish to fight. My name is Brooklyn and I come from a pack around here called Crimson Dreams. What's your name? And why are you with the coyotes? she wanted to ask, but dared not. Perhaps he would reveal his reasons without such probing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread