Amends
[html]

Her children were filled with such looks of an ignorant type of an innocence, blissfully clueless in their blank gazes sent up at their mother. They didn't know her type of racism. Knowing Mew, the white wolfess had made it a point to shield her pup's eyes from what she considered so cruel and dangerous. Jefferson couldn't quite blame her, couldn't bring himself to demote her in his mind -- she was acting as a parent, and any mother would guard her children from what she herself had struggled so terribly with. Green eye glowed as thoughts browsed in his mind. Perhaps an overprotective mother like she was better than a neutral, laid back father like he'd been to Addison -- and definitely better than the absent father he'd been to Miriette and Heath and that other boy he still didn't know the name of. How... tragic.

And yet in the end, Mew was forcing the two pups to face what she feared the most. Even if he was not completely coyote, the blood in his veins was still of a half-breed and thus dangerous or whatnot. Was she facing him now because they were siblings, or because she was trying to recover from her hatred? A small, relieved smile blossomed at his lips; it wasn't often that his scarred heart opened up, but it wasn't often that he met regretful and forgiving half-siblings, either. Lord knows Haku wouldn't fill the position. But she glanced ever so subtly, ever so lovingly at the two pups for just a few seconds, and he had his answer. How strange, that a monster like Jefferson could, one way or another, play a role in saving a lost and pained soul. Such opportunities did not arise often. His eye followed the two as they dashed off, the brute standing tall -- and almost proud -- as he watched over there. "Your kids are lucky," he smiled. "They have each other, and they have you. They don't know what the world will do to them yet. Were we ever like that, Mew?" A small chuckle, then his eye returned to her once more. "I'm glad you came back. I'm still hardly your brother, but... maybe I'm proud." Tattered ears flicked to attention. He didn't admit to it, but the cyclops was undeniably excited -- finally, he'd have a sibling of decent thought and mind who, unlike everyone else, wouldn't leave him behind.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread