Amends
[html]

Right, so it's kind of weird to post with her now that she's dead, hence the wait (I'm really sorry :/); we could perhaps begin to wrap up sometime soon? They could continue musing awhile and then it's go home time or possibly stay-over time depending on what you want? It's so weird to post with a dead character O_O
Word Count: 394

The two pups chased each other around, jumped on each other until you couldn't tell which leg belonged to which puppy, and as the two siblings stared at them, there was perhaps warmth in both their hearts. A little for each other, and a little for puppies; who didn't feel warm and fuzzy when they looked at such displays of cuteness? She looked at them fondly, the essence of her whole world, and as he spoke she moved her head to gaze at him instead. A small smile decorated her face, and she gave a small sound of thought at his question. Indeed, had they ever been like that? Mew had no memory of an older brother, but she and Haku had been quite playful, if burdened. No, she had never been like her children were, for she had never had the safety of a real family. Sure, her children lacked a father, but they didn't know what it was like to have one. It was different not to have anyone at all. His gaze returned to her and he seemed quite genuine now; his face, beneath all the scars, was genuine. Not arrogantly mocking her and punishing her for her beliefs, but the opposite. She smiled broadly now, and looked back at her children playing while she answered. They were perhaps on safe ground, but she didn't know this place, and she never could bear to not know where they were. It would be so difficult when they grew older.
"I'm glad I stumbled upon you, else I wouldn't have known." She wouldn't have known about this chapter of her mother's past, and that she had it in her to give him a chance.
"I'm glad they can know that there is family beyond Dahlia de Mai. It might be useful to have another uncle, when Haku is always too busy to visit." It wasn't as much the lack of visiting that irked her; it was the lack of caring at all. He didn't really give a damn, and she wasn't sure what to think of that. "I've learned again and again there's always something beyond what you think there is, always some truth, some person, some place. I found you; it proved the theory again. I hope they will learn many of these things before I did; it'd be healthy for them."

Table by Sace/Hemming. Thanks! Big Grin
[/html]

Messages In This Thread