Amends
[html]

Charming as always, eh? Tongue That's why we love him Wink
Word Count: 600 - SoSuWriMo

He stared back at her with his one lonely eye, and the two half-siblings mirrored each other momentarily in spirit and in strength. Neither were used to having to bend their neck to anyone; both behaved as if filled with pride or suspicion. Mew kept her emerald greens on his face as the children stepped forward and mumbled their sad little attempts at a formal greeting, and for a moment she could not help herself but to look down on their forms and smile a little at them. She found them endlessly amusing, and their pathetic little attempt at being adult or smart had just failed miserably. She was easily charmed by her children. As quickly as that moment had passed, however, her gaze returned to her half-brother's face as he spoke to them, his voice somewhat resembling Haku's in terms of lack of enthusiasm. She had been surprised to find that her litter brother shared no joy with her in the fact that she finally had the family she had wished for for so long, had suffered for for so many years. Now, it seemed this male was no more positive, but where she had now given up hopes that Haku would care about her life and achievements, she had gained hope that perhaps this scarred, one-eyed one just might. If this was the way he chose to behave, and in front of her children, too, then it would be a bumpy ride towards a feeling of family relation between them. She would not allow him to speak to her like that, Patriarch or no, but she remained silent for now. She had yet to speak to him directly of why she was here, and so she would give him a proper chance to behave. If he then still chose to be a grumpy and suspicious male who judged her as easily as she previously had judged him, then so be it. She had more pride than to beg for his affection.

The polite smile that had dressed her lips as she had sat there now changed and she looked wry for a moment. She did not want to use harsh words in front of her children; perhaps she should not have brought them. She had intended it as two things; an ice breaker, and as a signal of good intention. Surely he did not believe that she would be such a bad mother as to bring her children for such a long trek simply to lash out at her half-sibling? If so, he was certainly not a very intelligent male. Given parts of the Sadira bloodline, however, she wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Her mouth closed tightly for a moment and she gathered herself, drew her breath softly through her nose as if calming herself down. "I came here because I wanted my children to meet my brother." She finally said, quite bluntly, quite precisely, but no trace of some of the more poisonous words she could have said could be found in her voie. She was in control, and she did not unleash her anger on people before knowing their true intent. She did not like to assume, even if she had done so for years when it came to coyotes. But like he had said himself; he was not Inferni just because he had coyote blood. She was trying to change her ways, but she would not do so using the same harsh attitude as the one in front of her did. She was better than that. "Was this perhaps wrong of me?"

Table by Sace/Hemming. Thanks! Big Grin
[/html]

Messages In This Thread