Amends
[html]

He smiled at the two, pleased by their quick confusion but more proud of the fact that at least one of them could identify the teasing and still have the guts to tell him off. Surely, the little girl was a bit more nervous and uneasy than her brother; Jefferson would have to be careful with her, ultimately. There was no need for him to go out of his way and screw up her lack of confidence any further. "You got me, guys," he shrugged, smirking a bit at his lips' edges. "Dexter and Vesle, huh? You two should get used to introducing yourselves sooner; you've got nice names." A genuine smile, then his green eye finally returned to the half-sister he hadn't expected to see again. He was still hardly believing she'd come back in the first place.

He studied her briefly, a look of entertained sarcasm on his face, until he finally shook his head and came out with it. "Why the change of heart?" Jefferson said slowly, though it was clear he was not about to criticize her for it. After all, the cyclops had been the one to try and forge a sibling relationship for the two when Mew had suddenly refused it upon learning his duel blood; the fact that she'd turned around meant that he'd either said something useful or somehow proven himself a trustworthy creature -- or at least not as bad as most typically thought (including himself). "I don't get it. You hated me when you left." The smile held still, though it saddened. Why was blood and species such a big deal?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread