Fill me with your rage
Word Count: 557 - SosuWriMo

[html]

She sat and did nothing, said nothing, as the other enacted her sorrow through her own fingers clawing at her face. For a moment Mew was worried for the eyes of the other, but she calmed herself with the knowledge that no sane being with any instinct could ever damage their eyes intentionally. Though she knew little of the sanity of this one, she could at least believe it. Relief took her as the younger female removed her fingers from those precious body parts, scary in color as they were, but the words that came and the tone of voice with which they were delivered almost made her flinch back. One ear moved towards the skull but his face remained still, and she said nothing. She would not have had the time either way, for the girl quickly continued, and those words conflicted Mew further.

So Colibri had been raped. Mew didn't know what "Lykoi" meant, nor did she care. This was the reason for her half-sibling in Inferni, and it confirmed all her accusations towards that race by far. Her thought had been "why did my mother mate with a coyote?" and the possibility of this answer had poked at her. She had ignored it, wanting to give this creature, this race, a chance, like she had given Jefferson a chance, and found — perhaps — a friend. But now all Mew could envision was her mother's suffering, and her gaze was diverted to the ground, her head turning abruptly. Mew's ears flattened and her tail twitched, and above all she wished that she could take out her anger on this coyote that sat in front of her, for all of her own suffering, and for all of her mother's suffering. For undoubtedly, she had suffered. Looking away was all she could do to keep her fangs from revealing themselves in a smile of sorts, to keep her eyes from flaring in hatred and distaste. But she closed her two eyes so they would not give her away, and in her mind to herself she repeated the words that the Inferni member had just spoken. She and her siblings were the sad result. She had not asked to be a rapist's child, and she had not asked for her hatred on top of it. Until recently she had not been reflected enough to even consider these things, trained so well by herself to only consider her own ego, but motherhood had brought about a different kind of maturity in Mew, and as she finally fought the intense need to lash out at something (and it had felt like the battle had raged on for an eternity), she opened her eyes to find that the other's were no longer resting on her face. Emeralds were lifted to study her. The other's frame looked as vulnerable as Mew's own frame was small and lightweight, and the white-pelted female found herself leaning forward. One white hand touched the hand of this coyote (a sister? Mew had never known what it was truly like to have one.), but short instants later there were four arms around the legs of the younger of the two females, and Mew whispered with a heartfelt voice, both to herself, to her mother, and to this stranger whose blood she shared. "I'm sorry — I'm so very sorry."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread