Handicrafts
[html]

OOC: table code, image, and Filler © Jacoby; 1014 words

------------------------------------------------------------

Unique? Was that even a fitting word? Perhaps as fitting as any that could be stumbled upon. Perhaps there wasn’t really a word in any known language that could accurately describe and encompass them. Unique would just have to be the one to serve the purpose. It would work well enough until another word could be come up with that would really do the job. And that wasn’t just because they were part dog, certainly others had that. Nor did it have to do with their eyes either. They really couldn’t be the only ones with bi-colored eyes, could they? But perhaps their interactions with one another were what made them unique. They didn’t act like strictly brothers, most of that being Marik’s fault. Still, that is what they were. Brothers and no more than that. They just had a close bond. But then again they had depended on each other alone. They were the only ones to fully and completely understand each other. Or at least they used to. Cotl had changed since they had been in Germany. There were times that Marik felt his brother was a stranger. This country had changed Cotl. Had changed them both. The Ulrich name meant nothing here. There was no popularity or favoritism. Marik had nothing but his brother to rely on now. No friends for him to spend time with. So he had to find ways to bide his time until his brother got back at night to spend time with him. Which was why he was sitting out here in the impending cold and working on a doll as well as a ring. Just something to keep him occupied until nightfall.

He laughed at her words. Clearly word of his exchange with his brother had gotten back to her. Why else would she say such a silly thing? Smiling good naturedly and shaking his head he responded to what she had said. “You don’t have to worry about upsetting him. I’m not his property. We are close but not that close. He won’t allow for it.” He tapped a finger at the scar near his eye in order to explain it all away. Well, there was the scar and the denial imprinted upon his chest. He was willing but his brother wasn’t. But then again Marik was willing for anyone else who was willing. He didn’t discriminate. He would give love to anyone and everyone. But only if they were willing. He might push boundaries with his flirtations and sometimes touches, though mostly only the touches with Cotl, he knew not to cross those boundaries and understood the word no. He just couldn’t help flirting with the line just as his brother couldn’t control the words that came flying out of his mouth. “This is the only one I chose.”” He tapped against the swastika at his throat. “The others Cotl decided on and put on me. Usually after I passed out from drinking. So whatever you decide to do will be okay. That is what Cotl does at least. Works on whatever he needs to practice. You can do the same. I still have space left.” Marik was clearly of the easy going sort. Which probably had been what had made it easy for Cotl to work on him. He simply didn’t care what took place.

He shrugged off her words. He wasn’t even sure if who he was giving it to would even like such a silly little thing. After all the doll didn’t really matter. It was the promise that went with the doll that did. “It’s not for anyone special. Just my brother. We’ve just been fighting lately and I’ve mentioned returning home. It’s just a promise that no matter what I’ll still be with him.” It sounded really silly when said out loud. Especially to someone who probably didn’t know much, or anything at all, about their family history. “I could make you something when it starts to warm up again and prey is plentiful. Just think about it and let me know.” After all he could probably manage something larger than a doll. He just had to have enough cured skin with which to create it, seeing as a single skin only stretched so much before losing its integrity, with which to create whatever came to mind. Just a simple design was all he needed to work off of. Something to visualize and he could probably come up with something close if not exact. But he wasn’t about to make any guarantees or anything. He would just do his best was all. It was really all that anyone could possibly offer. The exact same went for him.

“Well, so long as you are happy with it I guess.” Still he couldn’t help but feel as if something was missing. But that could be only him. Especially since he couldn’t come up with what was missing either. It was just something that felt off and he couldn’t express it. But she was happy with it and so he wasn’t going to worry too much about it. Maybe after he did a bit more research eh would figure out what he felt was off with it. For now the design was from his own head instead of a mimic of something else that he had seen. “You know, I never really thought of it like that. I just didn’t want to be tied down to doing only one thing. There is still so much to learn and try. I just never wanted to be known for only being able to do one thing and one thing only.” And as for the rank, he didn’t realize there was such a thing. He has always assumed that having a rank like his brother had limited them to only one task. But a rank that encompasses just what he felt, who knew? But Marik could probably accomplish that. After all he liked to learn things. He certainly planned on continuing to learn just as much as he could about everything that he could.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread