Of joining and surprises
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby:
Word count: 472. Worth 2 points SSWM

Haku's voice was strangely chilling to her ear when he arrived some short few minutes later. He moved closer to the female and her daughter and Hanna flattened her ears against her skull, eyes looking well away from her nephew's face but face turned to his. His tail rose, expressing his dominance, and she wondered why on earth he would feel it necessary to press the matter when she was already sitting and was on the outside of the borders. She guessed perhaps he had come across her scent where she had found the stick to trigger the jaws.

Hanna's tail, meanwhile, surreptitiously crawled toward her rear end, pressing against her thigh. Had she not been sitting cross legged on the snow, it would likely have pressed against her belly. She was scared to be in this position, to have to humble herself in front of him instead of being an autonomous entity, but she knew if she let it show too much, that he would use it, would make her life hell. The tail tip beat a soft tattoo against her leg, inaudible and barely noticeable. Even Désirée picked up on it, breaking her hold to turn and stare at Haku with icy blue and darkest brown eyes. She was laying facing the man, her little paws paddling a little.

Taking a breath to calm herself, Hanna spoke out. "I came to visit Dahlia and all the family and friends I have here. But I knew that some might take offense to my being here so I thought perhaps I should join, if only temporarily." She did not quite emphasize the word some; she would not risk his ire, at least not yet. "I believe you already know my redeeming qualities to the pack; not only do I heal but I have begun training Conor to do so as well. There are a trio of additions, however, to introduce to you."

Previously hiding himself, Cian now made himself visible to the world. He was standing a short way from Galilahi, watching the goings on with piercing navy blue eyes. He did not understand, per se, the way the wolves interacted, all the posturing and such, but he knew it had to be done, had been done that way since the ancients themselves had roamed the earth. Hanna motioned to him, the horse, and her daughter all in one sweep of the hand. "Cian, my Spirit Animal from AniWaya. He will remain with me where ever I go. Galilahi, the mare, who is my friend and occasional transport. And my daughter, Désirée." She did not mention her heritage; what would it matter anyhow? Haku would probably find some reason to use the girl's father, or lack of, against her and her mother, but it was not his business.

Speak, think, act

[/html]

Messages In This Thread