Of joining and surprises
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: Let me know if this reprimand was a little harsher than what you meant, and I'll change-ify it. Big Grin
Word count: 357. Worth 2 points SSWM

Haku's attention seemed to waver from her to her companions, to her daughter, the trap behind them, all with no apparent connection between them. When his eyes fell upon his cousin, she could not help but want to hold her closer, shield her from those icy blues of his. She remained motionless, however, for the most part. She could not help but snarl in response to his hateful rhetoric, though. A traitor? Hanna had never been that. She could not think of one time she had willfully gone against her superiors' orders, had even gone out of her way to help the pack she had helped found even when she was no longer a working member of it.

A guttural growl of general annoyance and offense ripped from her throat; wrapping her daughter back into her sling and tying it so she was behind her back, Hanna raised herself swiftly from the snow, making brief but firm eye contact with her nephew. He had crossed the invisible line she had of insult and blame, and like the elder she was, even though he was the alpha, she would make sure he knew it. She did not strike out at him, to do so would be fatal, but merely stared him down for a moment.

She did not expect to see him avert his eyes away from her stare, so she just spoke, quietly, deadly, instead of waiting, also looking away again: "I have never done anything to warrant being called a traitor. And I do not think it is your concern whether Désirée's parentage or my relationship status is known to any." While she did not relax, per se, Hanna subsided from bent over but on both feet to an uneasy crouch after this outburst, ready to move if he lashed out physically.

Hanna's mouth opened again, a softer but no less harsh tonality to her voice. "To answer your question about the length of my stay, however, I had supposed I would stay until your son is trained to take my place as Herbalist, or until ejected physically from the pack. Whichever happened first."

Speak, think, act

[/html]

Messages In This Thread