Of joining and surprises
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby:
Word count: 325. Worth 2 points SSWM

Haku's verdict did not surprise her, nor did it make her any more or less dismayed than it would have any other wolf who had just been told that their immediate future was going to be fraught with peril if they did not toe the line with their superiors. She mentally shrugged; her life had not been so horrible when first she entered Chimera as a lowly omega, why would it be different now at Solum, other than the vast differences between Haku Soul and Damian de le Poer?

As Haku had not so lightly suggested she do, Hanna let the fires in her eyes die down, though they did not, could not extinguish completely. They were out of sight for the moment, but the medic would not let them go out. To do so would make her a failure of a person, a weak shell that was no more fit to parent her daughter than to lead a person to knowledge, nor to lead anything, truth be told. So her eyes appeared dull, the icy blue and bright jaded green reflecting only sunlight as she raised them for his "inspection" which only served to bring a scoff from the regions behind her.

She knew it was Cian, upset at how she easily she had allowed herself to be bested. She did not speak to him, but she thought, How can I do else with my baby in the presence of the tyrant? What would keep him from tearing her to shreds, besides my own teeth and claws until I expired? She knew none of this was passed to the Spirit Animal, but she kept it as a litany inside her head. It would be the only thing to keep her going.

Finally, Haku seemed to have finished his vocalizations, and Hanna mouth opened one last time, her very voice deadened in tonality so not even it could piss him off, but audible. "Yes, Sir."

Speak, think, act

[/html]

Messages In This Thread