I will let you hold my hand forever
[html]<style type="text/css">p{ margin:0px; padding:0px; text-indent:20px;}</style>

WC: 381

i heard they say the boy's missing

Hybrid regarded the girl as she listened, then frowned when she began to speak. He had to concentrate, for this throat was aching from all the talking he'd just done. Hybrid was fairly certain he had never spoken so many words at once in his entire life. Halo should feel honoured that he agreed to bear this uncomfortable burden for her. It sickened him to think she would never realize that.

"Yes," he rasped abruptly in response to her question. It took him two tries to get the word out, for he had gone for long stretches -- months, in fact -- without speaking to a single soul. He now realized that this had had a very adverse effect on his vocal chords. But it was not as if he actually needed them. Halo was correct in that respect: it was fine to talk and preach, but it meant nothing unless you could apply any of what you'd learned. Hybrid had never been taught any of this. He had watched sometimes, but for the most part, he had simply thrown himself into fights and hoped for the best. Inferni had a few sparring contests in the past to prepare members for fights, but aside from that, every battle Hybrid had fought had been a battle for his life, or something more -- his honour.

"We'll start," he croaked, then coughed. "We'll start in a circle. If you and your opponent are aware it's a fight, you'll probably circle a few times before someone makes a move," he explained. He began to walk, circling around Halo, keeping his head low and his body relaxed. "Walk, and when you can, attack. Follow my feet. Find a time when I'm at a disadvantage. Usually, there's no real disadvantage, but if there's a tree or bush or something behind me, try to push me into it," he continued. "We'll do this a few times. You try to attack me, then we'll switch. I'll circle and attack," he finished. They could trade back and forth to get a feel of how to start the fight until Halo understood. It would take time for her to learn the movement and understand when it was a good time to attack. Until then, she would have to keep practising.

Table by Mel!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread