I will let you hold my hand forever
[html]<style type="text/css">p{ margin:0px; padding:0px; text-indent:30px;}</style>

AWRRARARARA. >:O (WC: 345)

i heard they say the boy's missing

She had not noticed; good (and neither had Hybrid). He had thought he was fine, but now he realized her attack had done more damage than he had initially realized. Now that he was done talking, he felt his energy slowing draining away. It was difficult, he concluded, to explain something and attack and defend at the same time. He hadn't been able to catch his breath when he was speaking, and when Halo had dove for his feet, she had pushed him off balance and taken him by surprise. Now, he was realizing that even if she had not trained for a long time on four legs, much of this came naturally or more easily from her two-legged training.

He watched her carefully, trying to ensure she understood everything he told her. He was not sure how much made sense and how much sounded like him blabbering on. He did not even know if she could hear him, given how out of use his voice was, or if she was even paying attention. For a moment, the doubt consumed him, and Hybrid was filled with annoyance. She had better be paying attention if he was taking time out of his day to train someone like her. Hybrid didn't exactly know what she was, but the sour taste of anger weighed heavily on his tongue.

Once he finished talking, Halo flashed him a strange smile, almost as if she was happy or enjoying herself. Hybrid understood the meaning well enough, but he was not sure why she was finding this fun. He certainly was not trying to make it so. He frowned, but continued on, waiting and watching. He saw her expression change again as she paused. She did not attack, but Hybrid knew it would be coming. Again, he shifted his weight to prepare himself for the oncoming attack. She might take her time and taunt him, or she might attack immediately. Hybrid did not know, and the very thought made his blood race. He grinned wickedly in reply, beckoning her to try again.

Table by Mel!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread