Dark Star Rising
[html]

Ruri was soon engulfed by the flurry of greetings that were sent both her's and Jac's ways. First came Haven, then Mr. Strelein, who Ruri had not seen since the last pack meeting. She nodded to them both in succession, returning their greetings. Then came the familiar, boisterous voice of her younger sibling, Sylvie. Her greeting carried above the small crowd that was growing, making Ruri giggle in amusement. Pups always wanted to be the center of attention."Hello Sylvie, I missed you very much. My leg is doing much better and I think King Jac has something very important to tell us. I'm sorry if we woke you up," As the pup turned her attention to Soleil, Ruri smiled as she listened to Sylvie trying to make friends with the small firey orange kitten. "He's a kitten, a baby cat, and his name is Soleil. He's Heath's and my pet," She didn't really think of Soleil as so much as pet as a member of hers and Heath's new family, at least for the time being. However, that was the easiest way for her to describe it to the pup.
      A few more people arrived, including Firefly. Ruri's attention was quickly distracted as she heard Soleil utter a loud meow of surprise as Elroy, Firefly's cat, tackled him. The blind collie girl also heard Firefly verbally disciplining the cat, which gave Soleil long enough to dash over to Ruri and hide between her legs as she stood next to Jac. Firefly then made a comment about how she thought she knew why Jac had called them together but she didn't want to spoil it for everyone else. Leroy and another male who she had yet to officially meet entered the room followed shortly by her beloved Heath who quickly came over and stood beside her, offering Soleil another set of legs to hide behind.

Now Jac spoke again and she finally responded to his earlier remarks about her cat. "He's not vermin, Jacquez. He's a cat, a very nice, very friendly cat. You should say hello to him sometime. Heath and I found him in the stables the other day and we decided to keep him," she scolded, her nightingales voice taking a somewhat stern tone. How dare he call her little kitten vermin. She would have to make sure he apologized next time they visited one another. Now, of course, Ruri fell silent for Jac had addressed the entire group. He started by introducing both herself and another male by the name of Vigilante Haskel. He must have been the male whose scent was familiar, but whose acquaintance she had yet to make. When Jac paused, obviously wishing for his two sub-leaders to make themselves known, Ruri dutifully stepped forward and smiled, doing her best to let her useless, pale blue eyes travel around the room. Jac continued to instruct the rest of the pack to seek either Ruri or Mr. Vigilante out if they needed advice. The petite lautari had already been given her job description by Jac, so she knew all of her required duties. What came next, though, startled her. Dahlia de Mai was readying for war? With whom? Surely not with Cour des Miracles. When Jac assured them all that the pack would remain neutral that fear left Ruri's mind. She hoped that they could indeed remain neutral. She knew which Dahlia alpha Jac was referring to, Haku Soul, and she did not want him, or any of his followers marauding around near their borders. Of course, she would stay away from the borders as Jac instructed. There was little chance that she would be able to defend herself if she somehow got caught in a fight.

Jac now was making a promise to perform some reconnaisance of the conflict. Ruri only knew how well that would go. If he happened to try and do some recon while drunk there's no telling what he might do. "Be very careful, Jac," she whispered in his direction, wanting to make sure that he understood the necessity of his return. The pack needed him alive, so he had better not go off doing something stupid to get himself killed.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread