Dark Star Rising
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ensban.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
SoSuWriMo 678

As more of the Cour des Miracles members began to filter in to the hotel (or in some cases, come from a different part of the building) Haven noted how many faces were unfamiliar to him. He did not know the young pup that was so excited to see Ruri. Was the Jontae perhaps? Ruri had said that the King's daughter was a handful and this young dog was certainly a ball of energy, but he wasn't sure if this could be a newer child that had come to their borders. He vaguely recalled the one woman from the first pack gathering, but they had never been properly introduced and the other he had never seen before. Honestly, he was a little embarrassed to find there were so many here that he did not know and probably didn't know him either. It was his job to be the pack's guardian and yet he didn't know all the people he was supposed to protect. He would have to make a greater effort to get out and meet the ones that he was unacquainted with. It was the least he could do.

He did know the last few faces to arrive though. Something was clearly on Firefly's nerves though as she stayed towards the back of the gathering and he caught the less than friendly gazes she was giving to Jacquez. Oh dear, what had happened there? It seemed clear that it wasn't particularly to do with what the meeting was about, but he had a feeling that he would hear about what was troubling her at some point. He might even make a point of asking her if she wouldn't get offended. Then came Vigilante, Leroy and Heath. As expected his friend made his way towards Ruri and himself and took up the space that had been left open for him. Haven returned the nod but now that the pack had assembled Jac was ready to speak and he didn't want to miss a word of what the King would say.

The first announcement was a cheerful one. He had heard whispers of the two's promotions, but he hadn't be certain of it until this moment. The Knight offered both Ruri and Vigilante and smile and nod, a silent statement that he would be at their disposal should they ever require his help. Of course the Dauphine could not see his gesture, but Ruri already knew that he was there for her if she ever needed him. It was the next announcement that Haven had been waiting anxiously to hear. It was worse than he had expected. War was on the horizon? That could mean nothing good, even if the conflict did not directly involve Cour des Miracles. Recently he had talked with his mother about the dark shadow of Haku Soul and that uneasiness returned to him now. That uneasiness only multiplied when Jac said that he was going to do reconnaissance on the matter. He had a gut feeling the boisterous King may have had more in mind than simple information finding.

Haven cleared his throat, indicating to all he had some words to say. "First off, I'd like to agree with Jac's words about being careful now that this has come to light. The man our King speaks of is incredibly dangerous and anyone mad enough to follow him is just as treacherous. I will step up the frequency of my border patrols and anyone that wishes to help me may. Though if you run into any trouble or find something suspicious call for me immediately. It's my job to protect you all and I mean to uphold that." He couldn't be in multiple places at once and with such danger he would need their help to be able to protect everyone. "I would also ask you to be careful Jac, for all of our sakes as well as your own. Your loss would be devastating and we don't want to make any more enemies." The last thing they needed was bloodthirsty Dahlians on their doorstep.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread