Dark Star Rising
ooc: Miyu says it's a free for all now.

Firefly was silent for the most part, taking in who appeared and who hadn’t, wondering where Jontae was when right before her father spoke the young girl arrived, breathless and covered in a layer of snow as though she’d been playing and had only last minute decided to attend to her father’s wishes. Firefly turned her eyes away, knowing that she could talk to the young girl later and probably get her to leave the den Firefly had dug before winter had set in. It had taken her a while to realize that Jontae had been spending much time there but she didn’t mind, but she would rather see the child in a proper house where it was easier to watch her. She found it slightly amusing that Jontae had fled when Ruri and Heath had moved in together; obvious the child had no want to be living in a large household. She shook her head at the idea and sighed as she turned her eyes back to Jacquez, realizing that she wasn’t the only one glaring.

She raised a brow silently as she threw him an extra dark seething glance before letting her gaze fall upon Elroy and the tiny kitten that had taken sanctuary under Ruri’s form. She smiled as Ruri defended the cat from the king’s sour words but she offered no comment, not wanting to have to speak to Jacquez if she didn’t need to. It didn’t take Jacquez long to move onto the real news as he offered the knowledge of Ruri and Vigilante’s new positions in the pack. Firefly nodded quietly, knowing that it was better to have more than one leader incase anything fell out of the sorts or Jacquez couldn’t be found. She knew nothing of Vigilante but Ruri was an excellent choice and she had earned Firefly’s respect so long ago that she didn’t begrudge the blind girl her new rise in rank.

When Jacquez turned to the darker news Firefly narrowed her eyes. It seemed their pack wound not go to war after all. She knew that it wouldn’t do well for Ayita or the pups or even Ruri who couldn’t even see but the rest of their ranks were well and strong creatures. She growled softly in her throat as Jacquez went on to tell them to mind themselves. She wouldn’t hold it against the pack for not wanting to go to war, she could remember what it had been like when once before she’d been in the mist of it all and how hard it had been to settle back into a real life after the fact. She shook her head silently as she pushed those dark thoughts away and listened as Jacquez spoke of his own involvement in the up and coming war.

She doubted that the man was going to just be looking for idle gossip but she let it slide past. She almost didn’t open her maw to tell the truth of what she knew either, but she’d rather the rest of the pack know than just use it to keep Jacquez at bay. Ruri’s soft voice hit first with her concern for Jac and it was very quickly followed up by Haven’s need of patrols and instructing the class not to do anything stupid; his own concern for their king followed suit as well.

Firefly waited to see if anyone else had anything to offer before she opened her maw, hesitating at first before she squared her shoulders and gave the king one sharp look of disgust as she gave away her secrets of having visited with the clan. ”The clan has every right to go to war. Haku assaulted one of their commanders.. I’m not certain how, but he’s ousted Cercelee from her place as Rosen of Dahlia de Mai.” She had never actually owned up to her relations to the leaders of Dahlia de Mai but most knew of her mateship with Haku and she took the moment now to offer the truth of how she had ended up in the pack in the first place. ”My mother Iskata, matriarch of Phoenix Valley knew something was wrong with Haku. Before the first war between Inferni and Dahlia de Mai she’d found the man covered in blood, twisted and broken of mind. When I returned from Eire with DaVinci she asked me to reside in Dahlia de Mai to keep an eye on him..” She let her eyes fall as she admitted, ”I failed in my task but from my time in the lands I know enough of him to believe that he will stop at nothing to get what he wants, no matter what it is.” She shifted in place as she thoughtfully ran her hand over her bulging belly before sighing and offering to do something she hadn’t wanted to.

Her words faltered as she continued. ”I can ask Haku’s and my children what they know of everything.. if they’ll speak to me. It might be a while, I can’t go anywhere near Dahlia de Mai, if I’m caught my life will be forfeited, as commanded by my own mate.” She knew that few knew that the wolves of her own pack had been given the command to take her life if they caught her, actually coming to think of it she wasn’t even certain if she’d spoken of it to anyone. Svara knew and perhaps she had told Leroy but Firefly had never pushed it. She looked back to Jacquez as she finished. ”I offered my help to Anselm, I don’t know if Gabriel will accept word from me but Anselm will.”

She knew she had no right to demand it, especially since the relationship with the king and herself in tatters but she went on anyways. ”I want my children to be able to take sanctuary here if they don’t wish to fight alongside Haku and his bloody war. If anyone wants shelter from the war on either side will it be offered if they can stand residing in the same lands together?” She knew that Jacquez had every right to shut down her request but if they weren’t going to outright be part of the bloodshed then they should be part of the peace. The king should know that she would offer shelter to her sons even if he denied it. ”You said yourself these lands were for all when we claimed them for our own, no matter what blood flows in our veins.” She did not take her eyes from him as she waited his reply. Her eyes spoke what she would not, that he would find her sons here if they wished to come.

Messages In This Thread