There are things I do
She hated seeing the look that crossed Conor’s face as he stood before her. She had known long ago when they’d first met after she’d left the pack that there was little love between the two. She flicked her ears back as she sighed and gave up hope of getting him to see things her way. She eyed him instead and realized that he was just a stubborn as she was, probably one thing he’d inherited from her, not that she’d ever mention it to him. He’d probably strive to change his ways at any mention of his likeness to her. She turned her eyes away and pleased, ”Maybe if you just gave me a chance instead of hating me for things I could never change you’d understand.” her voice was sad as she let her gaze drift back to him. {b]”I’m not going to try and make you understand who I am though, there’s obviously no point.”[/b] Her emerald eyes glittered slight with annoyance and anger. She knew she couldn’t blame Conor’s feelings solely on his father, but it seemed like a good idea. She had known there had been quite a few members in the pack that had turned from her after finding out the truth. Firefly didn’t care now what they thought but she wished that her son would at least give her a chance.

She held still as Conor went on to berate her in the judgment she’d held over Night’s choice to stay. She flicked her ears back in annoyance once more as she glared at her son. She would rather the boy knew his place but it didn’t seem like she would be able to teach him, besides he was a guest in these lands and it would look ill if she did infact show him how to show respect. It would figure that he would turn out so emotionally attached to ideas as her mother had been. She shook her head at the idea and spoke, her distaste for his words apparent as she spoke brutally and honestly. ”Would you rather me have taken her back and your father have found out. Do you think he would have cared that she had resided with us first. I don’t think so. He probably would have just added my own pack as another enemy and asked his loyal subjects to go to war against us as well as Inferni for his own mistakes.” She narrowed her eyes slightly as she added. ”It wasn’t Night’s choice to live in Cour des Miracles anyways. Her mother had given her away to another and that woman had brought her to our pack after Svara had killed herself. There’s nothing in our pack for her but bitter memories of a mother she’d never know.” She didn’t even know if Haku knew that night was Svara’s daughter but she hoped he never found out. ”If you were smart you’d make certain Night never let Haku know who her mother is.” She turned away from his gaze, knowing she hadn’t truly answered his questions, but how was she to tell him that she would not risk her own life nor the lives of her young for a child who had made her own choice.

When she’d lead away from the first conversation Firefly was indeed surprised that Conor decided to speak of the tow leader’s disappearances. She glanced at him doubtfully when he said that Cercelee had just disappeared. She growled and flicked her tail back and forth agitated as she asked. ”Do you know where she went? Why she left?’ She didn’t like the way this was going but she couldn’t change the past. Instead she plowed forward into something she knew solid truth on. ”What excuse has your father given the pack for this war he’s so bent on pursuing?” She had little information on what Inferni had done to Dahila de Mai in turn, but she knew what Haku had done to Inferni.

She glanced towards the path she’d come from and hesitated before adding. ”We know about the war. While our pack hasn’t chosen sides Jacquez, or king has agreed to offer sanctuary to anyone who wishes not to participate, or perhaps is too young. Cercelee gave the pack a choice to fight or not in the first war, I don’t know if Haku would grant that grace, but if there are any who have grown weary of bloodshed and violence, they can stay in the Chien Hotel.” She was quiet a moment before adding finally. ”Just let anyone who wishes to come know that all they need to do is tell any member they run into why they are here.” She didn’t say anything, but her eyes pleaded for Conor to accept the king’s sanctuary, she didn’t care if he loved her or not she didn’t want to see him caught in the middle of Haku’s bloodletting.

Messages In This Thread