There are things I do
[html]

An ear flickered hastily as his mother’s voice rung out for him. His face was feeling more and more like a mask now, but it held well and his face felt just as neutral and unmoving as it looked. Eyes narrowed slightly as he looked upwards to the passing clouds in the distance. ”Don’t,” was his single reply. That was all it was to it. He did not wish to listen to her. He could easily acknowledge that he did not have even half the facts on his side, but it seemed that she loved her helplessness and so far nothing that had happened was her fault according to her. No one was innocent. No one. She went on, and he suppressed a sigh as he heard her words found their way to his golden ears. Was this how the woman always was? Exaggerating to such degrees and with such vivid loathing in her body for one single man? He looked at her with an expression that spoke most of indifference to those words she served him. They were not the same as before, but he heard the same message being replayed. Not her fault, Haku was the devil. Was that so?

They were talking about a child and not Haku. Strange how his father was pulled into everything. He let her finish though, for he wished not to be anymore impolite than he had to be. ”My father does neither care about the child nor what happens with her.” This should be enough, and if she was unwilling to believe him then so be it. He would not go into a heating argumentation with her over a child that seemed to have it better in Dahlia de Mai anyway. It was sad to realize that she had been alone from the moment she had arrived in these lands. ”And so she was a burden; a motherless orphan that none cared for.” sadness seemed to sneak into his voice again; for sad was what he was when it came to Night. ”My father knows that Svara Thames is Night’s mother and he let Alexey take the child in just like she took me in when I too was more or less an orphan. A pack takes care of its members despite severed family ties, but it seems you do not share that opinion from what I hear. Maybe the child managed to find her right home on her own after all.” He meant what he said.

”I don’t know where she went; I only know that she left us when we needed her the most.” He did not like her tone and the way she repeatedly lashed out at Dahlia’s leader. Of course, Conor could easily have joined in on the crucifixion, but he believed that he held higher standards. Haku was a bastard, but he had not unleashed all known evil upon the world. He knew that war was here and the coyotes had taken down Mew Sadira. While he could have listened to reason in a better way, he was unable to find reason in his biological mother’s words. She seemed like an unhappy creature that needed to put all guilt elsewhere. She judged so heavily that he could not believe her. Again Haku was attacked and in that same sentence she even offered sanctuary in this pack. Although he wanted to wrinkle his nose at that thought, this would definitely be something he would pass on to interested parts. ”Those who fight will fight, those who won’t will not.” It was very simple.

”Dahlia has not touched Inferni lands as of yet, but Inferni has already attacked several of my pack's members. Mew was shot by a human firearm by an Inferni member on Dahlian soil.” It was probably not wise to let her know about things, but it seemed she had her own idea of the war and that was all Haku Soul. ”A family member I care for is dying and I am glad my father chooses to do something about the situation.” He took a step backwards and halfway turned now, for he wished not to stay here with this female. She would not understand.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread