fake it or break it
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... ls/Lin.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:500px;background-color:#145895;text-align:left;font-family:georgia;font-size:1em;color:#aac5df;">
Mandatory for everyone to post. I am going to jump to the point where he begins to talk, so everyone can post having their character enter, listen, and respond. Once everyone has posted, I will post again and the posting order will repeat once, then the thread will be over. So, a total of two posts from everyone. Please be prompt in your replies and stay in order for the sake of organization. Those who do not post are liable to be demoted a rank. Please stick to the meeting ICly as well; don't let your characters get distracted or strike up side conversations.
What used to be a house of cards Has turned into a reservoir

Unsurprisingly, Jefferson had subtle, quiet ways of finding information. When it came to Phoenix Valley, the pack was rather secluded on the coast and had little communication with the other packs it wasn't necessary. The cyclops was crafty, however; although he was down one eye, his ears were in fine condition, and that paired with common sense typically brought truthful conclusions. The tension the pack had with Inferni over the summer had dissipated with time, though the cyclops had heard rumors of a similar tension with Dahlia de Mai; had he known his half-brother Rosen to be anything but undesirable, the Patriarch might have cared more. He and Haku had not communicated since their first initial meeting, but at some point Cercelee had been pulled from the top of Dahlia and replaced by Haku -- something Jefferson had always had a bad taste for. Clearly, something hadn't been going right in the pack. Jefferson had worried only for Addison, Mew, and Cercelee; the rest of the pack he did not know. The moment he heard the sound of war, Jefferson panicked.

The call he tossed into the air had an urgent ring in its reverberation over the Valley hills. The howl was loud, cracked; he worried for his members, knowing that a few had tendencies to wander or stick their noses in others' business. Jefferson had struggled whether or not he needed to jump to Dahlia's aid as he himself was terribly tired of Inferni, but the cyclops ultimately sighed and let it go. Phoenix Valley had no place in a war -- his members were dreamers and lovers. Those that called themselves warriors were fit as such, but their arms were only gaining dust from neglect due to the pack's friendly, laid back nature. If push came to shove, Jefferson was aware that Tyrone and Pendzez would be formidable opponents, not to mention the cyclops himself, though his fighting skills had not been put to the test and most might have doubted he could do anything.

When his members arrived and Geneva took her place beside him as always, the stern leader looked over them with a tense green eye. "I have bad news, so listen up," his harsh voice demanded, though his tone was less friendly and more authoritative than usual. "If you haven't heard already, Inferni and Dahlia have declared war. For what reasons, I don't know. I was hoping our Nuncio might have more information on that." He turned an eye on Pendzez, expecting a response. When it was again his turn to speak, the cyclops continued.

"As you know, Phoenix Valley is a peaceful pack. We are not known for raising warriors and hellbringers. I will only say this once: Do not get involved with the parties in this war." Jefferson's gaze sharpened, locking eyes with each of his members briefly, one-by-one. "I know of a couple members of Dahlia who are unlikely to get involved with this conflict. If anyone comes to the borders seeking sanctuary from the war, you will bring them straight to me. Inferni vermin are to be chased out. If need be, call Geneva or myself, or if necessary, Tyrone or Pendzez." He glanced at them both. "Now is the time the skills you have been training are being put to the test. Pendzez, Naniko, you will be keeping an eye on the war and keeping Geneva and I updated on the status. Do not go out alone." A nod of the head, then a shift of the eye. "Anya, Andrea, I need you to be vigilant on the land inside our borders. We need to make sure our pack is safe. You'll be reporting to Ty, who will be reporting to me. Ty and Pendzez, keep each other updated."

The leader straightened his shoulders. "Xeris, you'd be best to stay here and watch your pups and Rio as well. You Tenens, check in with her often. As for the rest of you, help out where you can -- tag along and stay close. In my or Geneva's absence at any time, Ty and Pendzez are in charge. You'll listen to them, or you'll speak with me. That goes for everyone."

The cyclops finally breathed, releasing a long exhalation. "Stick to your duties and don't get involved. We are remaining neutral in this war, but any stragglers looking for a safe place will be allowed here -- with the exception of Inferni. Everyone got that? Questions?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread