Bringing darkness to your door
sosu-413

He had expected a need for explanation but he had wished that the monster had been a little slower, not calculating and cunning. It would have saved him so much time and he could go back to conversations with the voices in the darkness. He lifted those strange orbs back up to gaze at the leader before him as a sinister smile fell upon his grey lips. Always there was paranoia in the ranks of war and it seemed that even the beast of the lands was subject to the same rules as everyone else; never truth another.

Vitium didn’t answer right away, instead he let a soft chuckle fall from his lips before he glanced towards the lands he had just left. ”I did not turn on them, they turned their backs on me, years ago.” His voice was edged with bitterness as he explained. ”Mother would turn a blind eye to the deeds of her children, but because I stood between the clan and let a wolf escape after the assault on Syemv I was cast out, nameless and clanless.” Annoyance sparkled in his eyes as he admitted, ”I did not do it out of weakness or a liking for the creature but his pack had been laid to waste and he was only asking for answers.” Perhaps he should have just let them kill the beast but he had believed that along the young boy would have probably perished in the time to come, and if he hadn’t and grown up to be an enemy of the clan it wouldn’t have mattered. The clan was good at weeding out their enemies and making them disappear quickly and quietly. He wouldn’t be surprised if Kaena and Gabriel had taken the youth’s life not shortly after the boy had escaped and he had been banished.

His abnormally toned orbs met those of Haku once more as he stood before him. It had been long since he had claimed any land as home or even a pack or clan but he needed to know if the beast would accept his offer of assistance or if he would find himself plotting alone and would just have to make a surprise appearance in the heat of battle. He lowered his head once more, finally remembering to act the part of the submissive loner as he waited on the verdict. The voices quiet for once, leaving his head to clear in the aftermath of their murmurs.

Messages In This Thread