she called out a {warning}
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... aviban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Feel free to reply again if your characters have questions or comments, but if not we can wrap this up Smile SoSuWriMo 911

As expected, members quickly began to filter into the room. The first was Princess and Savina nodded at the girl's greeting, but could not manage a smile or a verbal response. She needed to save her composure to deliver the news she was calling them all to hear and she didn't want to risk breaking it on cordial greetings. It was only another sign of how dire the news was, considering she almost never was so quiet around those she considered friends. Then Anu and Mati came, her dear friend coming to stand beside her as she always did. Her eyes met briefly with the Lt. General's, a silent thanks for once again standing with her and giving her strength. The newest among their ranks, Laidaria came next, and then her own daughter. Cambria had seemed out of sorts recently and the mother worried that something had happened. She refused to acknowledge there being something wrong though and she didn't want to press her. She gave her daughter a minuscule smile, not wanting her to worry.

The next female to come could only be Colibri, the woman that Anu had brought here. Emerald eyes looked over her, though not unkindly. When she noticed her bandanged, shortened tail a pang went through her heart. Haku truly was a monster. Despite their eerily similar appearances, the Commander saw nothing of that man in the girl who had joined their ranks. Next was Brooklyn, who offered everyone a smile and Savina nodded back at her. The girl had been the most outspokenly upset about Naniko's ejection, which was only to be expected, but she had stayed here instead of following her mother so she must have decided that it had needed to happen. The Italian sincerely hoped there was no bad blood between them. Her decision hadn't been intended to hurt anyone, only to keep all of them safe.

Urma came, then Flayra, then her son. It was clear from Gotham's face that he was concerned and she offered him the same smile that she had Cambria. No matter what happened, she would never let any ill befall her children. She would defend them until her last breath. The woman was glad that he went to sit beside his sister, he would help keep her from getting too distressed. Jazper and Ghita arrived with Aro and Sophia, the two children asking their parents what was going on. This was a heavy topic for pups so young, but they needed to be aware of the danger as well. Her beloved joined them and sat near their children, his smile giving her more strength than he knew. Finally her brother came and stood behind Cambria and Gotham and it seemed that all had arrived. Sparing one more glance to Anu the Commander cleared her throat, ready to make the grave announcement.

"Thank you all for assembling so quickly. I wish that the news I had to share with you all was better than it is, but sadly a shadow has been cast over the lands of Nova Scotia." Her vibrant eyes looked over the faces of her pack. "Haku Soul has taken control of Dahlia de Mai. For those of you who do not know him, he is an extremely dangerous individual and his rise to power was concern enough. However that is not all. With him in power, war has once again broken out between Dahlia and Inferni." Savina paused, letting the words sink in. She didn't know if people would want to know the reasons, but she would not speak them with the younger members around. "Crimson Dreams will remain neutral in this affair, but that doesn't mean that we are safe. Border patrols need to be increased and I would suggest that no one do them alone. If anything or one suspicious is found, call for Anu or myself. If you see Haku Soul near our borders, send out a call for the entire pack. There is no guarantee that the madman will leave us alone and he is too strong for any one of us to take on, I will not have any of you risk your lives. If he comes, we will all face him together and drive him from our home."

"While we will not take sides in this conflict, we will offer refuge for any who seek it. If you find someone seeking safety, once again call for Anu or myself. We will want to be aware of any refugees we take into our home." They would need to make sure that it actually was someone looking for safety and not some sort of spy or trick. "I would urge you all to not stray far during these troubled times and especially to steer clear of both Inferni, Dahlia de Mai, and the lands surrounding the two. I don't want any harm to come to any of you, and the farther we all stay away from this the better." It was a lot to take in, she knew, but it was all more important than she could stress. "If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, feel free to speak up now or to seek me in private. Anu and I are always here when anyone needs to speak to us." If no one had anything to say, then this meeting could be adjourned and they could start to make sure that the lands were safe and well guarded.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread