the wandering souls on earth
[html]
http://i47.tinypic.com/2daj0wn.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-top: 180px; text-align: justify;">
Lol, -snuggles-
         She was quiet, watching even his most subtle of movements, eyes catching the slightest twitch of muzzle, or where his eyes would flicker—though mostly he focused acutely on her face. He was at ease around the smaller rather unassuming hybrid, but still precisely wary of her; a direct effect of the ongoing war, or perhaps his preference. She didn’t consider it much at this time, not entirely interested in his personal behavior as opposed to the group he was representing. Her attention on him, however, was piqued at the mention of his name. She nodded once, registering his name in her memory as if it were some sort of data entry into a computer.
         For where she hailed, being named after an animal meant something—Snake in particular was a rather ambiguous calling, considering that it had more than one meaning, both in good and bad terms. It was more commonly associated with the bad, but as she looked at him, she wasn’t observing any of these particular qualities from him. She noted that later, she would have to talk with him and figure for herself which definition applied best to him, if his name held any meaning to his being at all. It would be a personal puzzle, she thought idly, something to partake in if she were allowed to stay.
         Niir raised her ears slightly as he introduced Inferni. A coyote clan. Her smile faded slightly; it was not mere coincidence that he was a coyote—this was a whole class of them. She was acutely aware that even though her blood was riddled with the genes of a coyote, she hardly resembled one aside from her stinted, thin size. She was suddenly very aware of her chances entering these lands becoming slim to none. She gave her canteen a meaningful, little shake, presenting the nearly nonexistent slosh of water to the young pack member. I was looking for shelter, and sustenance as well.
         Obviously this was a pack, so she did not expect any freebies nor to be simply allowed the waltz along their lands without some sort of compensation. She took a quiet breath, aware that this was the most talking she had done in quite some time. Not since the nomad she’d met over a month ago. I am, of course, willing to provide any skills I can to this pack—especially in lieu of the war you speak of. Unafraid of any critical looks, she smiled again; I may not look like much, but I can be a fair asset in a fight, among other things.

table by alex.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread