the wandering souls on earth
[html]
http://i47.tinypic.com/2daj0wn.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-top: 180px; text-align: justify;">

Niir didn’t realize how odd it sounded that she was offering her assistance to a completely foreign pack until after she had seen Snake’s expression flicker minutely. It didn’t feel so strange to her, considering he’d used the term “infested” when describing the surrounding area in occurrence to wolves. She wasn’t sure she wanted to travel much farther than here in regards to shelter; stumbling unto some unfriendly wolves was possibly the last thing she needed at this moment, considering she looked neither wolf nor coyote—rather some sort of other. Unassuming, yet found guilty on many other occasions that she didn’t care to recall.
         She was not afraid, however unwise, of war and knew that she could hold her own if given a fair chance. Wasting away like she was, she had little to her name besides the ravaged canteen in her hand and her faith. So far this was all she had needed. She had a dagger some weeks back, but had broken it while defending herself. A night she had promptly forgotten, if only because she wasn’t fond of lingering.
         Snake’s willingness to call his leaders was mildly pleasing to Niir, however unemotional he seemed about the whole subject. She smiled at him, and nodded her head slightly. Briefly, she had reached and brushed the back of his hanging hand with tender fingers as a sign of gratitude—a most natural motion to the young woman—and she allowed the wavering silence between them to exude until the crunch of snow again drew her eyes to an approaching figure. Not a leader, but the leader.
         Niir crouched gracefully, knees curved beneath her and hands placed firmly in the snow as she kept her muzzle cast down in respectful greeting to the muscular male. He resembled a dog, she noted, with several battle wounds and eyes that bore into her—even without looking at him, she could feel his eyes upon her. She looked up briefly, realizing that he would not be the first to address her, but she was confident in herself, and did not shy away from her opportunity to show her voice. Cahuilla, she addressed him first in a language just as familiar to her as English, but it was at times easier to think of the words in one as opposed to the other.
         Leader, she corrected herself after a nearly unnoticeable pause; I am Niir. She chose to opt out her full first name, like before, but also her last, considering Snake had looked tenderly perplexed at her pronunciation. I know I come during dreary times for Inferni… but I am a willing klallam—solider. I just need a home. I do not look adequate at the moment, for I have been traveling for quite some time and have lost much of myself along the paths, she paused now, raising her gray-blue eyes quietly and gave a single, very-sure nod. I am can prove my worth to this clan. This clan of coyotes. I have been spurned many a time by the wolf, so I can not see a home anywhere else than here, from what Snake has already said to me.

table by alex.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread