a place for my head
[html]

wc: 328

Levi was prepared to wait several hours before someone answered his call and met him at the border. So, he was pleasantly surprised when the head honcho himself met him there within minutes. He stood, knowing the horses would stay put and hoping that Bud would behave himself especially with the Chief’s mare around.

He took a step forward and nodded his head, keeping it lowered for a moment before straightening, a good natured smile on his face. “Hello, sir.” He paused, noting the fine shape his animal was in. He nodded slightly, knowing that there were probably other horses here. This was the first place he had come across where horses were not only accepted, but seemed to be well loved companions.

“I ask to join your ranks here, sir. I can be of good help to you and your fellows.” He stated simply. What more was there to say, really? It would be either a yes or a no. He sincerely hoped it would be a yes, however. It appeared that he would be able to keep both his horses here; he didn’t know how likely another place like this would pop up.

He wanted to mention that he was an excellent horseman, from their care to riding to all the things in between. But he thought it would be better to say that after he got the approval to cross the threshold into the territory first. Best not to make himself look boastful.

If he could find a place where he could work around the creatures he loved, he would be truly happy. The white male didn’t think there was another job in the world he would rather have. Levi knew he would be of help here, especially if they had horses.

But if the answer was a no, then he would just have to find another horse friendly pack. He would rather live alone than have to give up his horses.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread