a place for my head
[html]
Welcome! If you haven't already done so, check out the AniWaya website! Also, keep posting in this thread if you would like to continue it, though the joining process is finished and I've requested your title Smile
Word Count: 348 - SoSuWriMo

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Dawali nodded and smiled eagerly as Levi explained that he could indeed make the things, and even for several horses and different purposes. The Chief's eyes studied it, envisioning their looks, and all the things he could do with it. He took in its look greedily, almost like a male would take in the sight of a voluptuous female he knew he could have. It was almost so bad that he had to restrain himself from letting his tongue exit his mouth and run across his upper lip in pure excitement. He did no such thing, however, and tore his eyes away from the invention he believed would change his life. He could stare at it later; Levi was joining their ranks, he was not leaving. This was a good day for the future of his tribe, and mentally he gave a thank to the spirits for giving him this opportunity. Now, he calmed a little, and put his full concentration back on the male in front of him.

The conversation was shifted onto small-talk in a way, the introductory sentences and polite phrases that are exchanged between strangers who aim to know each other better sometime in the distance. Dawali nodded and replied with one short such phrase, and added a question of his own. Or rather, an invitation. Unknowingly, Dawali's simple common sense had caused him to answer the questions in Levi's mind, as if he could predict these things. He could not, but sometimes he got lucky. "I certainly hope so. Will you ride back to the village with me? I can show you where the stable is along the way. Surely your horses would like a roof during the night?" He did not know what Levi's horses were accustomed to, and whether they might not like to share a place with other, strange horses. But, if Levi so pleased, he was welcome to raise a second stable for his own to — though the ground would not be soft enough until spring. Whatever the issue, they would find a solution, and so it mattered little.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread