a woman scorned
Firefly couldn’t help but gaze at the man doubtfully as she wondered about him. She had no clue what she was really getting herself into and she couldn’t help it as she blundered in headfirst. ”Can I trust you?” She didn’t even know what she said it, she wasn’t even certain if it mattered anyways. Gabriel wasn’t going to be a part of her life she was going to have to live with all the time and it didn’t seem like he was set on murdering her right here and now, he had let her live this long after all.

She flicked her ears back as she realized how stupid she had sounded, ducking her head as she sighed. She knew she was worthless right here right now except for what she knew. Her mouth had got her into trouble and it seemed the only part of her that could redeem her as well. She glanced back to Gabriel as she realized that he was speaking. She sighed, knowing that he was right. She settled back, her weight on her one good side as she spoke. ”Haku has run Cercelee from the pack somehow. Conor, our son doesn’t even know what happened to her. Jacquez and I may harbor ill will against Haku but no one in our pack wants to harm the pack as a whole.” She flicked her eyes away a second. ”Haku tried to kill one of our pups recently. She didn’t know it was him but her description only matches one wolf in these parts that’s an adult male. He beat her and attempted to cook her alive. I’m not certain why he allowed her to live.”She said dryly.

She flicked her eyes away as she moved forward. ”Cour des Miracles will not go to war, there are a few who are like minded as Inferni towards Haku but the rest of the pack will not follow unless there is a change of events.” She glanced towards her home as she spoke again. ”There are traps around Dahlia de Mai, Jacquez wasn’t certain if they were laid there to keep intruders out or to keep Dahlia de Mai in, butI frankly wouldn’t be surprised if Haku put them there himself to start trouble.” Her words were faltered as she explained, ”I would have had more if things hadn’t turned sour for me.. I will try and speak to Kol, Anselm suggested that she might know more that may be of help.” She hesitated before finishing. ”If she’s willing to come may I bring her here to share what she knows..” she pinned her ears back, thinking she’d gone to far as she hastily added. ”If not I can try and return and bring what news she may give me myself.” Perhaps if the leaders heard it from Kol’s own mouth, if she was able to find her, they would learn more. Firefly wasn’t certain she could ask all the right questions.

She squirmed on the spot as she added once more. ”That’s all I’ve got for now. May I return if I learn more?” She wasn’t certain if they even needed her help but she would give it as she’d promised Anselm. She only hoped that it would amount to something. She didn’t dare ask one of the clan to show her how to fight properly. She’d watched her brother learn across seas but she’d been too busy playing at other things to even think it worth it.. Now she wondered if she had been wrong.

Messages In This Thread