set the fire to the third bar
[html]

The relationship to this smaller coyote was very strange at times, and not so much at others. It was quite odd how Kaena could have abused Vieira at one turn, forcing her to do things she had obviously not desired to do, and now here she was, mothering the injured coyote as if she were a true Lykoi, and not one who had simply borrowed the name from Eris. The silver-furred woman preferred it this way, however—her own surname was superior to that of Kimaris, and it was good that Vieira had dropped her connection to her father. Perhaps in time a healthier perspective would evince in Vieira—only time would tell. It certainly made it easier to show her affection so long as Kaena recalled her as Vieira Lykoi, and not Vieira Kimaris. The second name sounded strange to the coal-furred ears of the hybrid woman.

The truth was that Kaena would have fought for Vieira; she might not have shown it so well, but very nearly losing the tawny coyote had put into stark perspective that which she had gained with Vieira at her side. There was cooked food, her cave was always very nearly spotless, she had comfort and company whenever she wanted it... the hybrid woman valued Vieira for more than what she could do for her, however, and there was something deeper there, though Kaena could not yet identify it. The other canine's question drew her attention, and her golden-yellow eye flicked to the other canid's face, searching her pale yellow eyes for a moment. "Sometimes. When I was younger, my mother haunted me," she confessed. It had been many years since she had heard Delphine's devilish whisper in her ear; the woman had been dead for over a decade now. "What do you hear?" she asked quietly, her golden eye still seeking the other canine's face.

Table thanks to Ms. Poppins!
<style>
.kae-giftsam b {color:#9a0000;}
.kae-giftsam p {text-indent:50px; padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread