everywhere I go
[html]

Word Count: 346

The woman effectively gathered the man's attention and her smile widened to show she meant no harm. She was a rather petite woman, resembling her mother, and no real visible threat. Her thin digits clenched the strap of the satchel and she pulled on it to relieve some of the weight on her shoulder. And carefully, she stepped through the cold snow to approach the larger male. His question stumped her for a moment and like any other time, she plucked a few words from his speech to dissect so she could answer. She waited a moment and tried to pass it through her mind as quickly as possible so she did not waste his time.

Sonja nodded her head though she felt a little uncertain. Live and here were in the same sentence and the rest seemed like he might have spoken too fast for her to catch. "My mate an' I move from Europa. We live in house uhmm..." she trailed off in her thick Italian accent, struggling to find the English words she needed. She turned her body instead and looked in the direction she came, using her free arm to raise and point in the direction she came from, where the house she had chosen rested with her husband. "My English no good," she admitted and frowned, her lips twisted awkwardly as she looked him over. She had many questions to ask him but was unable to come up with anything that remotely made sense in her broken English.

When the house was near completion, she would ask Raskolnikov to try and help her with her English, improving her vocabulary and understand of the language she never needed. It was not necessarily something she wanted to do but if they were going to remain in a predominantly English-speaking nation, then she would have to accommodate and change herself in order to fit in. She could not constantly rely on her husband because she could not predict the future and whether or not it would forever be a happy ending for the Italian.

<style>
.sonja-A01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.sonja-A01 b {color:#70B4B5;}
.sonja-A01-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.sonja-A01-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sonja-A01 {background-color:#32696A; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/sonjatable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread