steel and glass
[html]

No worries ^_^, you replied and that is all that matters. I'm not necessarily the most prompt person myself. WC:500+

Half-folded ears perked as the collie-girl directed her attention towards Princess once more. Was Soleil her pet? Ruri did not often use the term pet to describe the longhaired, orange kitten, but as far as she knew he was indeed just that. She thought of him more as a member of her family, like Heath and Jacquez, though slightly different, of course. Claiming ownership of any other animal was something that Ruri was still not used to, though when she thought about it she was not at all bothered by the fact that Heath owned Lumiere and Stark, or that Haven owned Drogon. "Yes, I guess he is. My mate, Heath, and I found him in the stables. It was more like he found us, rather than the two of us finding him. Ever since then he's been living here with me. He's quite soft if you want to touch him. He likes it when you rub his stomach," she replied, before listening to Princess greeting the young feline.

Soleil, in the mean time, had already begun sniffing Princess' feet and otherwise investigating her. However, when the strange woman said something to him, which included the name his blind owner had given him, the kitten stared upwards at her with his big green eyes and meowed in response. He did not understand the words that were used by luperci, but he had grown to recognize the intent of the words. Most of the tones he recognized involved saying nice things to him, as Ruri had rarely had to scold him, and he recognized the tone of voice Princess used as that same nice variety. Now that they had been properly introduced, the Maine Coon kitten padded forward and brushed his body up against the Dreamer's legs, purring in an attempt to illicit praise from his newest luperci acquaintance.

The blue merle lautari listened quietly as Princess and Soleil interacted. Soleil was behaving just as Ruri predicted he would, in his usual, friendly manner. So, satisfied that her guest and cat were on friendly terms, the Dauphine strolled over to the fireplace to check the fire. She could not see it, but it was not difficult for the sensitive femme to notice that the fire was not as warm as it normally was at full strength. It took only a moment for her to grab a small log from the pile next to the hearth and toss it onto the other burning logs. After much practice she had learned how to toss it just gently enough that it would land in the fireplace, without stirring up too many embers that might burn her. Needless to say, it had taken a bit of trial and error, but eventually the blind girl had figured out how to do another task without any outside help. Every new skill she learned was important to her as it made her more independent. She didn't like having to interrupt her friends to get them to help her with things, though in all honesty most of them said that they enjoyed helping her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread