f*** the surgeon general's warning
[html]
Good lucks! And I'm sorry for being superslow. 300+

Kansas had never smoked alone, but to him it seemed a silly idea. He'd never used any substance alone, had never even thought about it. To him, such things were done for social purposes. But what would it be like to do this alone? Or to drink with no one around? Perhaps it was better, since regrettable things could more likely occur when among others (this was an unpleasant thing to consider for Kansas). He nearly lost himself when she spoke of her regret that he had Savina, and he glanced at her uncertainly as she moved just slightly closer to him. She was a lovely girl, but Kansas found her attractive as he would find art attractive, with no sexual desire involved. He was too wrapped up in his mate, perhaps pathetically so. He responded to her words with an unsteady, stoned laugh but made no movement himself. "Thanks," he blurted, then covered his mouth bashfully, thinking deeply about how this sounded to her.

He was honestly surprised that a young woman such as herself found him handsome — oddly, he felt like a much older man and the attention made him feel funny. But luckily she did not advance further for now, and spoke in a pleasantly conversational way. Her words brought a puzzled expression to Kansas' face, still completely dumbstruck by her insistence that she was dead. He looked her over, actually searching and sniffing for signs of death. He discovered none. But... what if she were dead? Was it really beyond the realm of possibility? He compartmentalized this thought to be brought up later when he was alone. "I was headed to the library, to replenish my book supply. But I lost my way..." He shrugged, wondering how again he had managed to do this. "D'you live here, Lolita?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread