Respect your neighbour - mandatory
[html]

Last post by me; this thread is quite dead. Those of you who want to post still can do that. It will be archived in three days (April 1st). Word Count: 452

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

His gaze flew over the ones present, and while most stayed silent, some raised their voices to comment on his words. His daughter gave a message of racism, and Dawali very nearly frowned. Yes; he'd understood that this was a common misconception. Tayui's words mirrored his thoughts and course of action. While some of their members surely were racists (Kaena had said so herself), their leader was more wolf than coyote. If some of AniWaya's members were racists, did that make the whole tribe a racist tribe? Furthermore it had been made clear to him that the reasons for their hostility in general was simply survival; a small clan of coyotes amid large packs of wolves had no chance of surviving without a reputation for violence. This method for surviving puzzled Dawali, but there was no doubt in his mind that it was working. He'd figured the two packs to the north were simply too close for comfort, hence the conflicts. His knowledge did not stretch as far as to Dahlia's take on it, but he assumed it was something similar. He sent his daughter a small, fond smile before correcting her; he knew she was proud and she might not appreciate it. But, then, such was life, and he would not have his tribesmembers judge them before they met them. "I have spoken with several highly ranked members of Inferni on the topic of this war. While some of their members are racists, most are in essence sceptical and wary of wolves, due to many, many years of conflict between them and various wolf packs. But the clan as a whole does not appear racist, so please take this aspect out of the equation. They have difficulties trusting wolves because of their history, much as we all have grudges and flaws that lead us to do foolish things." He paused, and his gaze moved to Tayui. "Like Tayui said; leave them alone, and they won't bother us. I do not mind peaceful trips to seek friends there, but leave it until the conflict is over, else the wrong impression could be made." He smiled for a moment, and his gaze moved again to Yumiko, always glad for support. "Thank you, Yumiko," he said, before directing his words outwards to the rest of them. "That was all I wanted to say tonight. You are all welcome to speak up if you have opinions or questions; I will stay here a little while further." He sat down now, on one of the crooked chairs that lined the room, waiting for the situation to phase out and people to leave. There would perhaps be more questions; he hoped so. Better they came to him with them, than wondering on their own and perhaps doing the wrong thing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread