J-I got tired of waiting,
[html]

#words=357 Hope it's okay to powerplay them leaving now :3

Anselm turned back as the steel hybrid revealed that his daughter and youngest granddaughter would not be joining them. Oh, he said quietly, the simple syllable tainted by both disappointment and worry. Anselm was no more thrilled about the idea than DaVinci was; still, that the young man seemed genuinely perplexed by the situation earned him bonus points in the golden leader's book. Well, it's good to see your face, he addressed his daughter; you oughta hurry on up and get back to us as soon as possible, eh? Hopefully you're not too far off.. if you need us, don't hesitate to call for help, he told both females.

Once they'd shared farewells and departed, Anselm turned back to the other man. The guy had been nothing but respectful and decent since his arrival, but the Optio knew there was no sense in beating around the bush or postponing the inevitable. So I'm under the impression you ain't high up there on Kaena and Gabriel's lists, eh? he queried, though the question was largely rhetorical. I think it'd be best to get all that sorted out now, he said, gesturing again so DaVinci might follow him toward the caves. You obviously care about my daughter a lot 'n whether they like it or not, now you're family. I'll try to have your back here, but a lot of it's on you, he told the would-be Infernian.

Anselm was still pretty fuzzy on the details; when he'd returned to Inferni he'd learned of tensions between the clan and Phoenix Valley. He understood it had something to do with Ryan and DaVinci, though he'd never quite figured out why a young romance should be such an ordeal in the first place. Had the hybrid done something particular to piss the other leaders off? Anselm supposed whatever it had been was forgiveable (at least by the steel man's standards), or else he wouldn't be here trying his luck at all. As they neared the caves he gave a quick yowl, addressing the other two leaders alone: Check it out, it seemed to say; we've got two new family members here.

<style>
.anselm-t3 p {padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.anselm-t3 b {color:#d4a060; }
.anselm-t3-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.anselm-t3 {background-color:#493a26; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/tables/road.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:tahoma, helvetica, san-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ae9473; width:420px; text-align:justify; line-height:13px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread