Answer to My Prayers
[html]

Hi, welcome! And, wow, I can't believe we were #1 on that list — that's awesome! Big Grin
Word Count: 490

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

The Chief had done little but patrol and hunt for himself the past moons, and mostly for reasons that he did not want to think about. But today he walked along one of the many paths that webbed their land, wearing a wide smile. The return of both his daughter and a dear friend in just days had lifted his moods beyond what he thought was possible. Now he knew that he was not alone in his tribe anymore, for both Asha and Nayati knew the traditions and workings of this tribe, was part of them in mind and body. He could rely on them, and while he knew he could also always rely on Ember, it was different. She lacked much of the knowledge that they had, and though she also had some knowledge that they lacked, it was not the same. Also, it calmed the the Kalona that he knew he had someone more competent than himself when it came to hunting and leading hunts. Nayati was also far more skilled with a bow than he; it felt like a fresh breeze to know that some of his duties would now fall onto his friend instead of himself.

His two legs, colored by the autumn in rust and copper and gray, carried him swiftly along. His legs were long and strong, though the male looked lanky. His species was smaller than the average gray wolf, but he stood as high as one of them — tall for a red wolf. His feathered mane danced as he lifted his muzzle and his nostrils moved, picking up a scent he had not smelled before. He slowed his pace for a few moments while he tried to determine the direction which it was coming from, but as soon as he concluded that it was indeed further along the borders, he continued on along the fences that marked the end of AniWaya and the beginning of unclaimed lands. Soon, he cleared the smaller vegetation and entered the plains, quickly spotting a stranger on the ground. He quickly concluded that it was a female, and he moved closer to her with an arm raised in greeting until he was close enough for conversation. War raged on in the north, and though Dawali was often a trusting person, he took a defensive stance now. Slightly dominating, he studied the female before speaking. She carried no scent from the packs at war, but being cautious had never harmed anyone. Still, when he spoke, his voice was pleasurable enough, and a small and polite smile rested on his lips. "Greetings. My name is Dawali, and I am the Chief of the tribe whose lands you are in." He asked her no questions; he believed she would understand that he wanted information from her without having to be so blunt. His gaze tried to focus on hers as he stood idly in front of her, awaiting a response.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread