Answer to My Prayers
WC: 572

The young she-wolf had been waiting for nearly 2 hours, nearing the early hours of the morning, and had grown weary. Just as she thought her suspicions were wrong, that there could be no wolves or Luperci that governed the land, a new yet familiar scent wafted on the breeze towards her. Yumiko's head lifted, her neck stretching to find the source of the scent. She smelled.... a male, dominance yet kindness, importance and... yes! She had found a Luperci! After so long, she was no longer alone.

Tail wagging with excitment she spotted a tall, 2-legged male, impressive with his rust-red fur and tribal feathers around his face. She knew that who had come to greet her was quite superior to her in ranking, and she immediately paused her tail and lowered her head. She wanted to make a good first impression and couldn't afford to make any mistakes.

Yumiko saw the male raise an arm in greeting, and figured that rank allowed her the right to give a short howl in greeting. After all, in her current form she had no arms to raise. The male neared her and paused a few feet from where she sat submissively, his stance defensive and his ears/tail radiating dominance. She noticed that his eyes were kind and had a calming affect, which helped to slow her heart from it's frantic, nervous leaping. She glanced up at his eyes, nervous but confident in her own abilities. The male spoke, "Greetings. My name is Dawali, and I am Chief of the tribe whose lands you are in."

Eyes crinkling up in delight, Yumiko responded. "Greetings, Chief Dawali. I am Yumiko Tsuda and I am looking for a home. Your lands are large and plentiful, what little I have seen, and I wish to join you and your tribe." Her head lowered once more, eyes focusing on memories long passed. "I had a home, once, but it was taken from me. My sibling and parents were slaughtered and there was nothing I could do." Becoming sure once more, pushing aside her painful memories, Yumiko knew that she must convince the Chief that she was worthy of his tribe.

"Let's be honest; you don't know me. I may be small, but I am a skilled healer, as my mother taught me, and I am swift and agile. My pale fur makes me useful in sandy places for sneaking about, if you have need of some sort of spy. Also, I am young; only 2 years old. I have room for knowledge and truely want to learn. My father was once good with a bow, although he didn't have the cha.... he never taught me. I think I may have talent for the skill." With a deep breath, Yumiko steeled herself. "Please, ask me anything you need to know. I want this, and I know I can be of use to you. I don't care about the position, I can be molded into anything that you need."

She didn't add that she had nowhere else to go, that if she was turned away here she was giving up, becoming a loner and leaving these lands that had cursed her with her family's death. No more would she be followed by the cloud of despair that it brought. Either she would leave the cloud behind, or being wanted would chase it away. Her sanity was in this man's hands.

OOC: No pressure, or anything Smile Also, 2 random questions, while I'm here. How can I change my username, at least how it's shown on the boards; I want to add her last name. Also, I can have a blondish wolf, right? I mean, it's a natural-enough colour. Her markings are cream and brown. Just wondering.

Messages In This Thread