you'll grow a thirst for truth
[html]

In a strange way, Rio perceived qualities of her mother in Yumiko. Perhaps this was not the best thing; trusting another wolf so readily could become a danger to such a young girl. And it was even worse that the swarthy child equated the strange woman's persona to that of her mother. She could more easily fall into any sick traps that possibly awaited her. But she was blissfully unaware of such logic. It was simply nice to meet a (seemingly) kindhearted wolf, one who spoke with firm gentility, a manner not unlike Naniko's. Rio didn't feel badly about her slip-ups - for not being careful - because of the way the sandy-furred woman made her suggestion. The little girl felt better knowing that she need not be sorry.

Another pup, maybe one less pure and forgiving of heart, may have regarded the soft authority Yumiko displayed unwanted and irritating. Rio saw it differently. It was a comfort to her. The girl nodded, though she hadn't ever heard of the fem's pack, AniWaya. "Aniwayi? Anawayee..." She emitted a giggle like the soft chirp of a dove, amused at first. But then she grew sheepish again, and her ears fell slightly to rest against her small skull. Maybe Miss Tsume wouldn't like it that she couldn't say the name of her home right. Luckily, the woman had a proposition: that they continue Rio's task of exploring. She perked up just slightly, though the uncertainty remained. Once something had tainted Rio's affect, it took several minutes for her to recover. It simply a part of her. "Y-yes, Signora Yumiko. Yous can pick where we go, I don't mind." It felt more polite to let the adult chose the path of their little adventure. Danger had not occurred to Rio; no, she was much too innocent, much too trusting of the caring stranger.

Yesh, Rio is in her lupus form. she's too ickle to shift yet. and I don't mind, as long as you don't mind that I'm not exactly reciprocating. *fail* 300+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread