you'll grow a thirst for truth
[html]<style type="text/css">p{margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:40px;}</style>
http://i49.tinypic.com/122232d.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:500px;background-color:#C5B59B;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em;line-height:1.4em;color:#233833;">

Don't worry about it Smile And thanks. YAY JAPAN! *is not even remotly Japanese :3
Word Count: 590

As she waited in the silence for an answer, Yumiko began to worry that she had somehow offended the she-wolf. She seemed surrounded by sadness and a deeply engrained anger, and Yumiko began to worry. Sure, she was fast, but what if she somehow started another pack war? She would be banished, or even killed for sure. She shuddered slightly at the thought, and looked up to see the other wolf twitch an ear. Twitch an ear. That's all she can do when I talk to her? Twitch?. Getting angry now, a feeling unusual for the young female, Yumiko's tail began to smack the ground as it did when she became impatient.

Suddenly, the other wolf got to her feet and strode into the forest, her trail reeking of despair. Yumiko whined and scooted back a step, surprised and scared. Her body tensed to run, but as the female got further away it became obvious that she wanted nothing to do with her. Her ears lowered and she scowled in annoyance. "Try to be nice to another wolf and get completely ignored. Everyone around here better not be the same way, or I'm gonna go crazy." She got to her feet and shook her head, as if to clear the thoughts away. If she had to leave another home, then that was what would drive her truely crazy. She couldn't bear the thought of wandering again, not after all she'd been through.

She had just made up her mind to leave the river, because despite it's beauty and soothing waters, her mind had left behind the thoughts she had intended to forget with it's crashing waters and she had much left to explore. With a yelp and instinctive growl, uncontrolled despite her rather placid nature, she spun around as a young, inquisitive voice sounded behind her. A small pup stood before her, head cocked in intrest and that curiosity of youth. They couldn't be more than 4 months old. As she quelled her growl instantly and put a smile upon her lips, her ears perked and body attempting to relax. It was just a pup, it meant no harm. But still, sneaking up on someone like that could get them injured if they weren't careful.

Yumiko looked the little wolf over from snout to tail, and, deciding that no harm could come of such an innocent meeting, spoke aloud in a soft voice. "You should be more careful, you know. Sneaking up on people like that could get you attacked." Her smile grew wider and her eyes caring as she remembered that she was hardly much older than the pup and didn't have much right to lecture them. "I guess she had somewhere else to be... I'm Yumiko. It's nice to meet you... Rio."

The name rolled off her tongue, and it sounded just as foreign as her own name. Where their parents came up with such things, she had no idea. Perhaps they were inspired by old human titles, scribed on old signs or in those... books. With little skill in reading, Yumiko had no idea, but she knew that their names were hardly traditional wolf; or Luperci, for that matter. Looking right into the little pup's eyes, she cocked her own head and sniffed the air around them. Innocence... curiosity... and another tribe all rolled off the pup. A quick laugh escaped her; another explorer, perhaps? "You must be very brave, to be out so far from your pack," she said, clearly stroking the little one's growing ego.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread