sorrow well rehearsed.
[html]
wc:306 // uwaaa I only just stumbled on this yesterday! ;o; let me know if you still want it backdated, it's fine by me.

The king was out and looking for trouble. Vigilante and Haven, his two most able-bodied men, had stepped up their border patrol, and both had strongly advised him against getting involved with the conflict. He had to wait until they were both distracted with their women to be able to exit the kingdom. Jacquez really couldn't help it - he thrived on chaos, violence brought him alive. Everything was so structured and regulated here, formalities and boundaries and rules, rules, rules. Bah.

"Ce n'est pas vivre," he growled passionately underneath his breath, stomping noisily through the snow. He was a tall smudge of russet against a world of white, plainly visible and obviously hoping to be spotted. His sense of direction in the wintry lands was particularly poor, though, since he had ambled closer to Inferni than Dahlia de Mai, and was really hoping to take a shot at Haku... Who wasn't? Any signs of scuffling he found on his way here were old though, obscured by falling snow, the scent already blown away. It was disappointing how quiet things had become, and he hoped he wasn't too late to make himself be known...

The afternoon light made the snow dazzlingly bright, enough that the Optime had to shield his eyes with his one arm to see past the glare. The landmarks were all unfamiliar. "...Damn." he cursed, kicking the snow beneath him. This was boring. Ruri would no doubt be pleased that he wasn't getting himself into danger, which inversely made him upset. She should be worried about him, since she was going against his wishes and all. That she was happy in the arms of another man was driving Jacquez to act wilder, to demand more attention. "I said, 'damn'!" he bellowed louder, grimacing at the empty echo that met him. Where was everyone?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread