lift me up out of darkness.
[html]

Holy crap Razekiel just became cute.

All distaste he'd harbored was immediately released at that sudden touch, sudden swing of embrace she'd gifted him with. Dodging his hands offering what she'd requested, Kaena wrapped her arms around his thin, lanky body and held on tight. He wondered if the bumps he felt were ruffles in her clothing or hidden scars that lay beneath, and how many of them were there? The coyote had said he knew the things she'd done, but he was aware he probably had barely any knowledge at all. She was getting old, the oldest thing he knew to still be alive, other than the wind and the trees and the ground and the sea, and of course Mother Earth herself, but age didn't falter his mother's beauty in the least. As she drew close he picked up her smell over his own, breaking through the reek of drugs and the clouds in his mind alike.

She whispered sweet things, and when she finally broke away she wore the most humble and humililated of faces he'd seen her muster. He himself gazed back at her with big eyes and a regretful frown that might have resembled his worst puppy face of his childhood; Razekiel reached and scratched at his ear, darted his eyes elsewhere, and sagged his shoulders. He had been gone a long time -- and although he'd felt the call to return home all along, he had never realized that someone might have been missing him the whole time. He did not answer immediately, ears flipping back at her cough as she exhaled the caustic smoke, and for the first time he regretted having shared it with her. He was not sure why, but for some reason, all of a sudden Razekiel didn't want to know his mother was creeping herself closer to an end after he'd missed her for so long.

"It was a long time," he confirmed sheepishly, regretfully. The prince's straw eyes peered darkly at the ground, a single finger pushing idly at the dirt. After some time, he raised his eyes to her once more, and although no smile reached his face, his eyes were earnest. "You have been beautiful all along, mother mine. Perhaps I should never have gone." He swallowed a lump. "I would not be so different now, don't you think? I am not a Lykoi anymore."

<style type="text/css">
.razflowers b {font-weight:bold; color:#413037; letter-spacing:1px;}
.flowersooctext {font-style:italic; color:#674E58; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.razflowers p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.razflowers {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#FDFEF8; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... rtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #413037; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#674E58; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread