lift me up out of darkness.
[html]

484. WOOHOO I'm smart? XD And yay short posts. Big Grin

The silver-furred coyote smiled sadly, nodding her head—she always missed old Inferni, but perhaps not as bad as she could have. In the hybrid's mind, Inferni was still quite alive and well—this was a different place, but the clan was one and the same. “I didn't know what to think when I found that, either,” she said quietly. It had been days she'd spent on the old burned beach, barely subsisting off of fish and other sea creatures she managed to capture. Prey had long since vacated the dead and burned lands, and there were no land animals to be found there anymore, canines included. “At least Inferni didn't crumble like the other packs,” she mused. This was also a clear source of pride for the silver-furred coyote—while Storm, Clouded Tears, and Jaded Shadows had shattered, Inferni alone had risen from the smoke and flame.

The question almost surprised her, and she remembered how long Razekiel had been gone. He would not remember Eris; he would not even know her name, obviously—she smiled again, though this time it was a happier one. It was always good to learn of family. “Your half-sister. I had her, Andrezej, Rachias, and Arkham in the summer... three years ago, now?” she said, sounding unsure of the date. Kaena knew the truth about Eris's paternity, but she wasn't quite sure if she wanted to share that just yet—the silver-furred hybrid had yet to reveal that mystery to anyone, though she was certain some suspected Eris was not the child of Laruku Tears as Kaena had passed her off to be. “Eris lives in a place called Eterne now, where Astaroth was from. She sent Vieira up here, and... I didn't know what to think before that, before she sent Vieira. She left me for dead, after I fought Astaroth,” the hybrid admitted, fidgeting. “But Vieira came with an apology from her... so...” she said, trailing off, shrugging a coal-dusted shoulder. She didn't know what to think of Eris anymore.

It occurred to the hybrid that Razekiel wouldn't know who Vieira was, either—not unless he'd happened to meet her wandering about. As the girl had been keeping almost exclusively to the silvery coyote's cave, the woman doubted that had happened. “Vieira would be your half-sister, too,” the coyote said, though she added quickly, as an afterthought: “But she isn't mine. She'd know more about Astaroth than I would.” Cotl had been confused by Vieira's relationship to Kae—and in truth, there was no relationship there, not by blood anyway—if anything, Vieira was simply an afterthought, an extension to the true Lykoi family. The silvery hybrid wasn't certain what to think of the young woman's surname—Eris had bestowed it on her, and Kaena had no say in that matter. She wondered if she would have protested had she been available to do so.

<style type="text/css">
.kae-hellonearth b{font-weight:bold; color:#ABB6D2; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px;}
.kae-hellonearth p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kae-hellonearth {width:400px; background-color:#404F70; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_hellonearth1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dotted #000000; padding: 190px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8D97B0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread