'cause i lost everything.
word count: 364

The hybrid's cocoa eyes lingered on the form of Rurik; Cerridwyn found herself reluctant to take them off him, and she wasn't exactly sure why. The idea that she found him attractive hadn't yet occurred to the saddled female; she'd been a priestess or priestess in training almost her entire life, and had dedicated herself to the trade. Sure, she'd seen other wolves fall in love and find mates, settle down, and have families, but the thought that she might someday do so as well had never even entered the realm of possibility. Her love was Danu, and her commitment was the worship of the goddess, of perfecting rituals and devotions. It was not that she was forbidden, just that she didn't have time or inclination.

She was enjoying the sight of the pierced and tattooed male, though, even if she wasn't sure why. His voice made her giddy in a completely unfamiliar way. She hung on his every word, relishing them. "Aye, I s'pose it is nice to see diff'rent things," she replied, skirting the reason she had actually left Bhaile. No need to get into that just now. "I've def'nitely learned a lot since leavin' 'ome." She smiled as Rurik slowly pronounced the name of his homeland for her, and to please him, she gave it another go. "Sobee... rait... seeya?" Cerridwyn laughed. "Sorry, 's a bit o' a tongue twister fer me. It mus' nae be too far frae Bhaile, though, iffen it's --" she mimicked his hand gestures in only a slightly teasing manner -- "o'er th' ocean an' 'cross a lot o' the land. There were a lot o' th' ocean between 'ere an' Bhaile."

Her stomach fluttered as the muscular wolf smiled broadly at her request to show her around the city. "Aye, company 's allus... appreciated," she said sweetly. The idea of this brawny male accompanying her made the idea of urban exploration a lot less intimidating. The anxiety that ate at her belly at the idea of entering one of the buildings by herself melted into butterflies. She looked at the many buildings around them and then back to Rurik. "Where d'ye propose we explore first?"

Messages In This Thread