Simply Being There
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

ooc: Word Count: 476

A frigid gust of winter wind whipped through Ruri's long, silvery hair as her ears trained on Savina's voice. When asked whether she liked these northern lands, her lips curved in an affirmative smile, "I do like it here, very much, although I must say that I am not quite accustomed to the colder weather. Down in Florida it was always so warm, even hot on some days. However, I think I'm slowly getting used to all of the snow and ice," she replied, wrapping her hands in the lower part of her cashmere tunic to re-warm them.

The Commander's own story captivated Ruri. Savina was from across the ocean? Though the blind girl could not see, she had been told several times by Jacquez how big the ocean was. Sometimes it could take a whole month to cross the ocean, or longer if the weather was bad. It sounded like a long, hard trip, made even worse by the fact that her ship had sunk. Having experienced such an event herself, the fragile Border collie could certainly relate to the Dreamer's story. "It certainly sounds like you had a rough trip. That's a shame too, because sailing can be so much fun in the right weather. I wish our pack at least had a small ship of some sort so that we could go on small trips down the coast, but that's neither here nor there," she paused, stopping herself before she became too sidetracked. Surely Savina would not want to talk about sailing after having such a bad experience with seafaring life. "What is your pack like, Savina? What I mean is, do you have a lot of members and pups? We don't have too many members, but we do have a few pups. Last time I checked, I think we had five. Some of them should be learning to shift soon, which I think is a bit exciting. I remember when I first learned how to shift, it took me a whole day just to learn how to walk on two legs, not to mention how to feel my way around. I suppose the process is different for everyone, though," she remarked, realizing that she had gone off on a tangent again. It was difficult for her because she loved pups so much. Jac's daughter, Jontae, had moved out several months ago and Ruri had heard nothing from her in that span of time. Her younger sister, Sylvie, was almost at the age where she would start to shift forms. Ruri knew that the young Border collie was eager to shift so that she could start caring for the pack's herd of sheep. It was an exciting time for the whole pack. Ruri would have to make an effort to visit Sylvie during the next few days to see how she was doing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread