Simply Being There
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

WC:700+

Savina's response regarding the cold weather sparked a twinge of worry in the collie woman. Would she ever truly get used to cold weather? Savina was a wolf after all, from what Ruri had gathered from their conversation, and she was more suited to environmental adaptation than a dog like so many of the members of Cour des Miracles. However, those worries were quickly silenced, the silver and ivory woman scolding herself for being foolish enough to worry about such a trivial matter. She had clothes to wear to keep herself warm. Those would do for now.

The prospect of meeting someone who shared her love for sailing left an excited smile on the ivory lips of the lautari. This Rurik fellow sounded like a most enjoyable individual. Ruri would definitely have to tell Jac about him. Perhaps when spring came around the king could take a trip to the city to find this sailor from a distant land. After all, the two of them would likely have loads in common, sailing being just one of them."I would love to meet such a person. I'll have to tell King Jacquez about him. He'd probably have more to talk to Rurik about than I would. I don't know what constitutes a good ship, as I only spent my time on one of them. Jacquez on the other hand would know what to look for," she explained, plumed tail swishing back and forth casually as she spoke.

When Savina answered her inquiries about Crimson Dreams, Ruri listened, ever eager to learn new things about the people who lived in the surrounding packs. Savina's account of her pack's couple of youngsters combined with the fact that Savina herself was now pregnant with more pups made the Border collie giggle with excitement. "You're pregnant?! Congratulations! I certainly hope that everything goes well and that both you and your future pups all make it through in the best of health," her good wishes to the Commander were only natural for the polite girl, but Ruri could not help adding, "I would love to have pups some day, but my mate and I aren't quite ready yet. We just became mates a few weeks ago, and we're still adjusting to the changes that go along with that. I do hope when your pups are old enough that you'll bring them to visit. Cour des Miracles is a wonderful place to play when the weather is warm, what with the beach and everything," she finished, extending her invitation to the Dreamer woman. The young Dauphine had only been conversing with Savina for a few minutes now, but she already considered her a friend, one whom she liked more and more as she got to know her. The fragile optime was so caught up in the excitement of Savina's announcement, that she almost had not heard her next question. What had she meant? "Oh, I'm blind. I have been since I was born. In fact, my mother abandoned me when I was barely able to walk and speak, and left me for dead. Jacquez found me and raised me. He's the closest thing I have to a father, though sometimes I think we act more like a pair of siblings. I'm sorry if I confused you earlier with what I said. I meant that it was difficult to learn how to feel my way around because that's how I travel. I memorize where things are around me, various paths to and fro. I have several trails in these lands that I know by heart. It's not always the quickest way to get around, but it's better than staying in one place all the time," she added with a laugh. Ruri was an active woman. In fact, the idea of staying indoors all day was rarely appealing to her unless she was spending the day with a friend. Her innocent, naive nature left no place for shame over her disability. In fact she had explained to most of her friends that she could see, just in a different way from all of them. If Savina were to ask she would gladly tell her the exact same thing. Life was just a little different for the collie girl. Some might have said it was a lot different, but not her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread