Simply Being There
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ader-1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
500+

Rurik had offered to teach her more about boats and sailing and to give her a better experience than the one that she had. At the time he hadn't been aware she had a mate and he had been flirting with her a bit. She had been nervous that explaining her situation to him would put him off, but the Russian wolf had handled the situation with poise and there hadn't been any awkwardness between them. He truly seemed like a gentleman to her and with how few she had met it was a quality she held in very high esteem. As Ruri mentioned the name of the leader of the pack Savina memorized it and took it to heart. Even if she hadn't met the man, knowing his name was a good start. "I'm sure Rurik would be thrilled to talk to another sailor. He seemed pretty passionate about it when I met him." Ignorant as she was she hadn't been able to provide good conversation on the matter and so surely he would be happy to talk with someone who also knew something about boats.

As Ruri's excitement of the news bubbled to life in her giggling Savina couldn't help but let her tail happily sweet against the damp ground she sat upon. She and Kansas hadn't been trying for more pups, but it had happened and Savina was overjoyed to have the opportunity to be a mother again. There was also less anxiety with this pregnancy, it being her second one. She still needed to be careful of course, but she wasn't so afraid of the unknown anymore. "Thank you Ruri, it means a lot. Everything has gone fine so far, so I hope it continues in that trend." The fear of something going wrong always lurked in the shadows, but the woman was optimistic that this litter would be just as healthy as her last. "Congratulations to you as well! It can take some adjusting, getting used to mated life, but it's worth it. My mate and I didn't try for pups until we'd been mates for a few months. It's best to have some time just for yourselves before you start trying for pups. I'm sure you'll be an excellent mother when you're ready though." With how sweet and kind the collie was there was no question in her mind about that. "I'd love to bring them to visit when they're able to. I'll look forward to that day." Cour des Miracles seemed to have much more beach than Crimson Dreams did and the Italian did love the beach.

The answer to her question was quite unexpected and she felt her ears fold back in embarrassment for the asking of it. It didn't seem to bother Ruri at all, but she couldn't help but feel guilty for bringing it up. What her mother had done to the girl was shocking and it appalled the woman to her core. How could a mother just leave her child?! The very notion of it sickened her. She would never leave any of her pups, even if something were physically wrong with them. A mother was supposed to love her children unconditionally and the idea that any could be so heartless was awful. "Oh Ruri, I'm sorry for bringing it up. I honestly had no idea. That's so awful what your mother did. I could never, ever leave any of my pups." She paused, eyes searching the ground at her feet. "You've grown into a wonderful adult though, and it's her loss. She was the blind one to have thrown you away." Any woman would be proud to have such a kind, and clearly strong, daughter.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread