Simply Being There
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

600+

Ruri knew that Jac and Rurik were bound to become fast friends if they ever met. It was incredibly likely that the both of them would have more than just a love of ships in common. From her experiences down south the petite woman had come to learn a few general characteristics of sailors. First, they loved the sea. Second, they loved their ships. And third, they enjoyed their liquor particularly the hard stuff, or so Jac had told her. So, if Rurik fit that stereotype even to the smallest degree, the blue merle woman imagined that both he and Jac would be spending lots of time drinking and trading stories of their adventures.

The subject of mated life and pups was one that the collie hybrid always loved to discuss. She greatly looked forward to the day that she would be blessed with pups of her own, but for now she would have to be content with enjoying other people's children. The Italian woman congratulated her on her new mateship and Ruri dipped her head in a gesture of thanks. When the Commander explained that she thought it was best for new mates to have some time for themselves before having pups, Ruri could not help but blush. "I know what you mean about that. My mate and I have been enjoying the journey so far. It's amazing being with him. When we're together it's like we're the same person, each knowing what the other is thinking and simply enjoying being together. Sometimes I still try to shake myself awake just to make sure I'm not dreaming," she laughed, the redness fading from her cheeks. She loved her family most of all, her mate, her best friend, and even her cat, Being around them made her feel complete. "I'll personally make sure that you and your pups have the best time ever when you bring them to visit. Believe it or not I know a few good games that most pups can't get enough of. Jacquez had to make up little games to keep me occupied during the times when he had to go do important, captain business. Often times I'd get so involved in playing that I wouldn't even notice he had left until he came back," she replied, a reminiscent smile gracing her features. Her favorite childhood game was the game Jac had titled, "Treasure Hunt." He would hide little pieces of meat, sweet smelling flowers, or pieces of soft fabric around the ship, or wherever they were staying, and she would have to search it out. The 'treasures' Jac picked were always things that didn't need sight to be found and that would always provide some other sort of pleasant, sensory stimulation. When Ruri had been helping to take care of Jontae, she had hidden several things around her cabin for the mischievous little pup to find. It had kept Jontae busy for at least a little while, and from what Ruri had been able to tell she had enjoyed it.

The change in Savina's tone of voice after Ruri had explained her earlier statement, perhaps with a little too much information, made the collie-girls ears droop slightly. She had not intended to make Savina feel guilty for asking a valid question. "Yes, my mother was an awful woman, but I suppose she'll always be a point of reference regarding exactly what 'not' to do when I become a mother. You didn't need to apologize for anything," she replied, a reassuring smile on her face. Milky blue eyes were locked in Savina's general direction, hoping to further emphasize the words she spoke.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread