Simply Being There
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

I'm not sure that I like this post, but I'm very tired and my brain is drained so...sorry ^^'

Ivory feet splashed through a large puddle as the young Dauphine strolled towards the borders on her way to the Niobrara Racetrack and Stables. Just as she was about to reach the borders, a long, feminine howl pierced the air leading her half-folded ears to perk and train on the sound. How nice, someone was calling at the borders before entering. Not to say that she minded too much when friends of her pack mates came into the pack lands unannounced for that was understandable. The time Ruri thought of was her recent encounter with Princess Chance who had come into the lands to visit Haven but had found Ruri instead. Politeness was something Ruri carried in high regard; in fact she often scolded Jac when he was rude to others. As a king, it was likely his right to be rude when he pleased, but the innocent Border collie also had the right to protest such behavior, as second in command. So, with a smile on her face, the silver and ivory optime increased her leisurely stroll to a brisk walk, heading directly for the area that the call came from.

It did not take her long to reach the source of the howl, for Ruri's paths through Cour des Miracles were always as direct as possible, leaving out as many unnecessary turns as possible. The wind carried the scent of the stranger with her and the blind woman immediately noted a similarity in this individual's scent to that of Princess Chance. This strange woman must have been from Princess' pack. What would bring her here? The merle female would likely find that out soon as she strolled towards the stranger. "Hello there! I heard your call. My name's Ruri Aceline. I'm the Dauphine, second-in-command of Cour Des Miracles. I'm sorry if I'm not the person you're looking for, but perhaps I could help you find someone?" she offered, a friendly smile etched upon her visage as she attempted to start out on the right foot with this stranger. This person might very well be an important member of Princess' pack and as such it was her responsibility to be a good representative of her pack. As this thought bounced around in her mind, the lautari self-consciously fixed her hair, making sure her long, silvery locks hung down neatly behind her shoulders. Several of the longer strands had blown into her face and, while this did not bother Ruri, she knew others could see her and as such wanted to try and look her best.

[/html]Word Count: 427

Messages In This Thread